Guidence

Steven's pov

Today, Holly and Amethyst wanted to show me something so they put a blindfold on me and are currently telling me where to go.

"Two steps to the left." Amethyst said,

"Careful, there's a chair behind you. Sit down." Holly said as I could tell she was helping me sit.

"Now take off your blindfold!" Amethyst told me.

"Ta-da!"

"Fish Stew Pizza! What a nice surprise!" I said.

"That's not the surprise, notice anything different?" Holly asked and then I looked around. I then saw a gem behind the counter in the kitchen.

"Bixbite? I-Is she working here?" I asked.

"Yeah, and she's amazing!" Holly said, really excited.

"Bixbite is an expert at slicing and dicing, so now she can put her skills to use in the pizza shop!" Amethyst exclaimed.

"That's awesome!" I said. Then Bixbite came over with a pizza and put it on our table.

"Look at that 'za, bruh." Amethyst said and then shape shifted her finger into a ruler.

"Each slice exactly the same length." She then shape shifted her finger into a protractor. "45 degrees."

She shape shifted her finger back to normal and picked up a slice.

"Wow, pure perfection. I am so proud. I almost feel bad eating it." Amethyst said but then she ate it.

Holly then took a slice and ate it.

"I didn't know Bixbite wanted a career in the culinary arts." I said.

"Yeah, Holly and I talked a lot about her interests and experiences."  Amethyst said.

"So, I spoke with Kofi and set her up here." Holly said, having another slice.

"Wait, so you both did this?" I asked, while picking up a slice.

"Yeah, and she's just the beginning. Me and Holly wanted to do something big for the school, so we've been pairing gems up with human jobs. The results have been amazing! We call it, the Gem Human Excellence Mentorship, or G-H-E-M." Amethyst explained.

"Oh, I get it, like gem." I said.

"No, it's GHEM, there's an 'H'" Holly corrected me with a smirk.

I just chuckled.

Then two rubies came in with the mayor.

"All clear!" They said.

"You've got rubies in your program, too?" I asked.

"Yeah, and these two are Nanefua's new bodyguards." Amethyst said as the two rubies kept a lookout.

"How many other gems are working in Beach City?" I asked.

"We're glad you asked!" Holly exclaimed, getting up and taking my hand. She took me out of Fish Stew Pizza and over to Fun land.

"What are we doing in Fun land?" I asked.

"Look around, Steven." Holly said.

I looked around and saw different gems at the games and rides.

"Blue lace Agate? Biggs Jasper? Crazy lace? The Quartzes have taken over Fun land?" I asked the two.

"Yeah, man. Mr Smiley has been understaffed for so long. We figured he could use a whole army of help." Amethyst said as we walked around.

"Army?" I asked, worried.