Mr Universe

3rd pov.

It was a few days after the whole accident at the hospital with Steven and Holly made a promise to Steven. Steven had a lot of fun with Holly and her friends with their weekend sleepover but once Zoe and Lily left, Holly stayed behind to be by Steven's side, also because she technically lives there.

Holly and Steven were sitting on the couch with Steven's blanket on their laps. Holly was laying her head on Steven's shoulder and she was holding his hand. Steven was looking down, thinking.

Meanwhile, Greg was making Steven and Holly some dessert for dinner. He got ice cream in two bowls with chocolate syrup, whipped cream, and pie.

"Here you go, you two. Dinner is served. Ice-cream ala pie!" Greg said, walking over to them and handing them the two bowls.

Steven and Holly chuckled a bit, the two taking a bowl.

"Thanks, Dad." Steven said.

"Thank you, Mr Universe." Holly smiled.

"Holly, you can just call me Greg." Greg smiled and sat down next to the two.

Holly chuckled a bit.

"Are you feeling any better, Steven? Looks like the swelling and glowing have gone down." Greg said.

Steven kind of looked down at his food and played with it a bit.

"You know, that pie won't eat itself." Greg said.

"Sorry, I'm just... thinking about some stuff." Steven said, a little down.

"Well, what kind of stuff?" Greg asked.

"I've spent so long trying to figure out whether or not I was my Mom. Now that I actually know I'm me, it's like I have no idea who that is. I just wish I knew what to do with myself." Steven explained.

Holly squeezed his hand a bit, a way of saying 'it'll be okay.'

"Well, I can relate to that." Greg said.

"Really?" Steven asked.

"When I was your age, I didn't know who I was, or what I wanted to do." Greg explained.

"You didn't always want to be a rock-star?" Steven asked.

"No way. I didn't get my hands on good music until I was your age. Before I had the van I had no idea what was out there. But everything changed when I hit the road. I mean, sure, you have seen other planets and Holly lives in New York City but what about West Keystone? Or Charm City? I had some of my most formative moments eating rest-stop sandwiches outside Delmarva and watching the trucks go by." Greg explained.

"Huh." Steven said.

"Maybe you need a change of scenery, schtu-ball. You're never gonna find yourself if you don't start looking." Greg said.

"Yeah. Yeah!" Steven exclaimed.

Greg then stood up.

"Let's go, you two. Right now!" Greg exclaimed.

"Really?" Holly asked.

"The road is calling! Can't you hear it?" Greg exclaimed and then ran off out the door.

Holly and Steven then looked at each other.

"Yeah, I think we can!" Steven said and the two got up, following Greg with their ice creams.

The three then got some coats and shoes on and they hit the road in Greg's van. Greg was driving, Steven was in the passenger seat, and Holly was in the back.