Bismuth Casual

3rd pov.

Steven was driving to the skating rink. Holly was in the passenger seat with her hair in a ponytale while Bismuth and Pearl were in the back seat. It was suppose to be a date with just Steven and Holly but Pearl wanted to come along so she could bring Bismuth to have her make some friends with humans. Bismuth even dressed up a bit, having a nice button up shirt with her rainbow hair in a bun. Gems don't have normal clothing like humans, it's kind of just stuck to their bodies.

The radio was playing a song and Holly turned the volume up.

"I can't get enough of this song!" Holly exclaimed and sang along to it until it ended.

Holly looked out the window and Steven glanced over at her with a smile on his face. He then looked back at the road to keep driving.

"And that was 'Can't Hold Me' by Emily King, just one of the many songs you can request tonight at the Starlight Roller Rink featuring DJ Sour Cream!"

That was Sour Cream over the radio.

"I'm so excited for you to get out there and experience some interpersonal relationships with humans, Bismuth!" Pearl said, rolling up Bismuth's sleeve to her elbow.

Bismuth blushed and chuckled.

"Don't be afraid to show off your gem." Pearl said, unbuttoning Bismuth's shirt a bit. "They're gonna love you for who you are."

"Hope I can keep up." Bismuth said, blushing.

"The most important thing to remember is-"

"Are you tired of shady mechanics bleeding you dry?"

"Ahhh! I love this song!" Pearl said, overjoyed.

"You mean this commercial?" Steven asked while chuckling.

"Turn it up!" Pearl said. She then turned the volume up and sang along.

"Cam's Camshafts is the place to bring your wreck,

Get your car repaired for cheap and fair,

Without risking your neck.

Cam's Camshafts!"

Holly and Steven started to laugh.

The party then made it to the skating rink called 'Starlight Roller Rink' and walked inside.

"Here we are!" Pearl exclaimed.

"Wow! So you mean to tell me people pay to have wheels strapped to their feet for fun? That is really something else!" Bismuth said.

"Hey, there's Sour Cream." Steven said, pointing over at Sour Cream who was in a DJ booth which viewed the skating rink through a window.

"Keep skatin' in circles. You're doing great." Sour Cream said to the people skating on the rink.

"I don't know about this, y'all. I've never skated before." Bismuth said.

"This will be my first time skating." Steven said.

"How'd you end up missing out on this popular human activity?" Bismuth asked Steven.

"Well, with everything that's happened since I got my powers, I've kind of missed out on a lot of human stuff." Steven explained. "But hey, it can't be that hard to skate, right?"

"Not when you have an excellent skater as a girlfriend, Steven!" Holly said, hugging his arm. "I've always loved skating and it's really fun once you get the hang of it."

"Yoo-hoo! There you are!" Pearl exclaimed and ran over to three people.

"Yo, Pearl!" One of them exclaimed and they started to talk and laugh.