Chapter 3

Evelyn was seated in the stall with Zinzi. The wolf was curled up at her feet, resting her pretty black head on Evelyn's lap. Already the wolf was about the size of a half-grown puppy and came up to the girl's knee when she stood up.

"I wonder what the banquet will be like tonight," the girl said to the pup, ruffling the wolf's ears.

Zinzi cooed at her owner and licked Evelyn's fingers. "Yeah probably. Robb will let Arya do whatever, but I'll probably never get the chance to dance knowing him. If I dance with him and Jon, I'll be fine. Not Theon though! He spends half the time talking rather than dancing!"
Zinzi's ears perked up suddenly and the wolf let out a soft bark at the door.

Evelyn was on her feet in a second and reaching for the dagger which Robb and Jon always insisted she wear in her belt underneath her cloak. She had taken off her thick fur cloak from the day before and had replaced it with her daily wool dark blue one which was slightly soiled but much more comfortable.

Her fingers wrapped around the hilt and she prepared to pounce. Zinzi crouched in front of her, prepared to jump, hair raised when suddenly a voice cried from outside.

"Hello! We were told that this is the apothecary. Please, my brother is hurt!"

Evelyn's eyes widened and releasing the dagger, she rushed to the door and opened it all the way. Standing there was Princess Myrcella. She had one arm wrapped around her brother, Prince Tommen who was clutching his hand while holding his fingers closed, blood seeping through them.

"Lady Stark!" Myrcella cried in surprise.

"Come in quickly!" Evelyn cried, standing to the side.

The two rushed in and Evelyn followed them, leaving the door open. She held out her hand and Zinzi at once stopped growling and curled up on the floor under the table, so she was out of the way.

"What happened?" Evelyn cried as she helped Tommen sit down in the chair.

"I tripped and my hand grabbed my sword... the blade was slightly drawn... I cut my palm." The boy replied.

Evelyn gently held out her hand to the boy, "Let me see."
Tommen held out his hand, surprised that the girl hadn't paled at the sight of the blood. Myrcella had sunk into a chair and was staring wide eyed, teary eyed at the sight. Evelyn took his hand and gently pried his fingers back.

"It's not bad," She replied, "It could have been worse."
The girl rushed off and began to grab materials. Within seconds she had found gauze and had bound it around the boy's hand to stop the bleeding while she prepared a disinfection ointment."
"You are the physician?" Tommen inquired; the pain having disappeared after the girl had given him a little pain reliever.

Evelyn chuckled, "I'm not a physician... just a healer. I find it soothing."
Tommen didn't take his eyes off the girl as she busied about, getting the correct herbs for the ointment. He had never met anyone so brave and calm as her. She was amazing! Tommen had always yearned for a loving mother... not someone harsh and cold like his mother and this woman seemed like a pure angel from heaven.

Evelyn located a handkerchief and handed it to Myrcella who took it and wiped her eyes. Just as Evelyn returned to her mixing, Zinzi bristled and startled the two royal kids when she growled in her throat.

"What's wrong Zinzi?" Evelyn inquired, patting the wolf's head.

Zinzi looked at the door and everyone turned to see that someone had appeared in the doorway. There stood the Kingslayer, Jaime Lannister. He was no longer wearing his golden armor but rather a leather outfit but of course he still had his sword on his person. His blond hair was slightly windblown having run there and he was panting slightly.