Chapter 5

Evelyn eyed the many glasses of wine on the table. She always despised alcohol because of what it did to men and what they did to women sometimes when they were drunk. It just didn't make sense to her that people would spend fortunes and time buying and drinking alcohol when there were things like chocolate to eat!
"Evelyn!" Robb called, holding up a lemon cake, "Catch!"
Evelyn smirked at her twin and easily caught the lemon cake. Luckily it wasn't powdery or crumbly so it didn't make a mess. Evelyn looked over at where Sansa was talking to their mother and the queen. Cersei creeped Evelyn out. There was something about her that just seemed off. It was like she was out to kill everyone who wasn't her brother or children.

"Eve," Arya whispered, "Mother is trying to get your attention."
Evelyn turned around to see that sure enough, Sansa was returning to her seat at the table and Catelyn was motioning to her eldest daughter. Getting up, Evelyn approached the two women and bowed.

"You are quite beautiful dove," Cersei said but Evelyn sensed that her words were only partially genuine, "How old are you?"
"Seventeen your majesty," Evelyn replied.

"And you have a twin brother?" Cersei inquired, "As do i. we have something in common."
Evelyn smiled, trying to appear genuine and just hoped her smile didn't reveal her inward disgust.

"Evelyn dear," Catelyn said, interrupting the conversation, "Can you ask Robb to see Arya to bed? She is tormenting Sansa."
Evelyn nodded and bowed to Cersei before heading back to the table. She placed a hand on Robb's shoulder and whispered the message into his ear. Nodding, her twin got up and picking Arya up, saw the girl to her room.

Evelyn was about to sit down when Theon appeared behind her. Oh great! Theon always waited till Robb was gone before he tried to flirt or approach Evelyn. The boy knew that Jon and Robb were overly protective of her and with Jon not allowed in the banquet and Robb off seeing their sister to bed, Evelyn was no longer protected.

"Hey Evie!" Theon chirped.

Evelyn looked over her shoulder at the boy and gave him a teasing smirk, "Hello Greyjoy. I thought you would be half drunk by now."
"Nah, I'm working on not drinking at least tonight," Theon replied.

Evelyn rolled her eyes and began to pull out her chair when Theon's hands found their way to Evelyn's waist. 'Think of an excuse to move,' the girl thought to herself, 'what would be a good excuse?'

Suddenly, the girl noticed her father standing nearby talking to the Kingslayer. Honestly, she didn't want to interrupt her father's conversation, but she had no choice. Pushing Theon's hands off her waist, she glared at him.

"Excuse me, I have to ask my father something."
With that she walked off briskly, straight for her father. She approached her father, so quickly, trying to get as far from Theon as quickly as possible that her presence did not go unnoticed by Ned and Jaime. Both turned to look at her, surprised that she seemed slightly uncomfortable.

"Everything alright Evelyn?" Ned inquired, smiling softly at his daughter.

Evelyn nodded, "Yes father... may I be excused to go outside? It's a little loud in here."
Ned smiled and nodded. Reaching forward, he pulled his daughter's cloak further over her shoulders. He noticed that she hadn't removed her cloak and so far, none of Evelyn's siblings or her mother had brought it up and honestly, Ned didn't mind for he knew the moment it came off, Evelyn would catch a few too many eyes.

However, while Ned Stark was talking to his daughter, Jaime couldn't help but sense an all too familiar vibe.... It was just like the vibe he felt when he found someone who was in trouble or running from something. Jaime furrowed his brow. Who was the girl running from? He was surprised Ned didn't recognize it. Obviously, he wasn't as experienced in war as Jaime was. Glancing about, Jaime's piercing green eyes landed on the boy who stood by the Stark family's table. He was watching Evelyn intently, a dark look in his eyes. He recognized that look too.... Like Evelyn wasn't a human but an object.... His next meal.

Jaime felt his blood boil. Had the boy tried to touch the young Stark? Was that why she had approached them hastily? To escape the Greyjoy boy?

Evelyn quickly bowed, excusing herself before heading out the door. Jaime watched her go and didn't fail to notice that the Greyjoy kid followed her shortly afterwards, confirming his suspicions.

"Excuse me Lord Stark," Jaime said, bowing.

Ned didn't seem to mind Jaime leaving and was actually relieved that he didn't have to speak with the Kingslayer anymore. Jaime knew it would appear suspicious if he followed Evelyn directly, so he decided to take the roundabout way. Heading through the doorway that led to the kitchen, Jaime waited till he was out of sight of the other Starks before he began to run.

He did not know the building well but after asking a servant where the nearest exit was, he rushed off, hoping he could locate the young Stark in time.

Meanwhile, Evelyn had stepped outside into the dark cold and had breathed a sigh of relief. Having lived her whole life in the north, Evelyn was more used to the cold than to the warmth and she loved the cold. She was more resilient to it than most but so far, the cold had not hardened her too much.

Walking a ways off, she headed towards the dire wolf kennels, prepared to let Zinzi out for a walk. She was just crossing over to the building when she sensed a presence behind her. She mentally cursed herself. She had tried to find a place to hide a dagger in her outfit, but Sansa had found out and insisted that she not attend the banquet with a weapon.

Really Sansa? She could use it right now!

"Hey Evie," Theon's voice remarked from behind her.

Evelyn tensed and prepared her hands. She didn't have a weapon, but she had her fists. She turned around. One thing her father always taught her was never face an enemy with your back turned.

Theon was definitely drunk from his flushed face and wobbly walking. He reached out and placed a hand on her shoulder, gripping it rather tight.

"Want to have this dance?" he asked, slightly slurred.

Evelyn rolled her eyes and pushed his hand off her shoulder, "You're drunk Greyjoy. You should get a drink of water and plenty of sleep if you want to not have a headache tomorrow."
"Oh come on Evie!" Theon whined, grabbing her wrist with his other hand, "just one kiss!"
Evelyn snorted, "Go kiss Sansa!"
"Sansa doesn't like me," the boy whimpered.

"I wonder why," Evelyn muttered, "Now off you go.... Unless you want me to give you another black eye. Don't you remember the last one?"
"Oh yeah!" Theon chuckled, "On your last birthday. I made a mess of your stall making your present,"

"Messing my stall was the present," Evelyn growled, "Come on Theon. Let's get you to bed."
She removed her wrist from his hand and was about to push him inside when he spun around and slammed her against a nearby wall. Evelyn's head swam from the contact and she groaned. Her dress and cloak did not offer a lot of protection against contact for they weren't as thick as her usual clothes so she could feel every splinter in the wall behind her and the tight grip Theon had on her shoulder and waist.

"Theon Greyjoy, you will let go of me now," she warned.

"Or what Evie?" Theon slurred, getting his face a little too close to Evelyn's, "You'll tell Robb? Robb's busy."
Evelyn glared, "Your breath smells horrible Theon. Stop it right now. I can make sure you never have children in future you know."
Theon cocked his head to the side before smirking. That was when Evelyn realized her mistake. She had used that threat on him before and now, he knew what she meant. He spread his legs apart and planting his feet on top of hers so that she could not lift her knee or her foot to kick him in the pants. She tried to reach up with her free hand, but Theon pinned it to her.

Theon was never stronger than her, but Evelyn's outfit didn't exactly let her move very much and Theon was strangely strong for a drunk person. The wine must have done something to him.

"Theon please," Evelyn pleaded, having no other choice but to beg him to stop.

Theon bent his head down and was about to place his mouth on her neck, despite the girl who was almost in tears when he was torn from her and thrown bodily across the snowy ground.

"Do you have no courtesy towards a lady?" The Kingslayer hissed.