Part 9: Broken Heart

Klaus POV:

I wake up and I see Hayley asleep on my chest. I put her hair behind ear. I get up and go get baby hope and think about my plans to get New Orleans back.

-talking to hope-

Klaus: hi sweetheart, how is your marvelous morning.

Klaus: your pajama are beautiful. -smiles-

Hayley POV:

I wake up and notice klaus was not in bed. I went over to hope room and I notice him feeding her.  I gaze into the room I look at him and a bunch of butterflies flew into my stomach.

Klaus: Hayley your staring!

Hayley: -smiles- oh your not the one to talk old man

Klaus laughs and I go sit in front of him.

Klaus: Hayley, I want you to know I'm going to get my title back in New Orleans. I'm going to take marcel down.

Hayley: -sighs- fine, but please be careful. I have to help the bayou. We've been under attack a lot.

Klaus: and don't forget you have to talk to Elijah -smiles-

I roll my eyes and Klaus just laughs at me.

Klaus: your going to have to talk to him eventually Hayley. Now or later.

Hayley: I choose later.

Klaus laughs at me and gives me a kiss. We go downstairs and I notice Elijah waiting for me.

Klaus: I think he wants to talk now little wolf.

I look at klaus and roll my eyes lovingly. He pushes me up in a friendly way to go talk to elijiah. We go to the main room and I sit down in a chair

Hayley: elijiah I-

Elijiah: I don't understand. When did you stop loving me?

Hayley: I don't want to answer it.

Elijiah: fine when did you fall in love with klaus.

Hayley: and I not have to tell you that either.

I could tell Elijah was getting frustrated.

Hayley: I'm sorry elijiah, I don't know what you want for me. I am in love with klaus.

Elijiah: even after all the stuff-

Hayley: yea I know klaus does some bad things but we all do! Everyday! But klaus has this soft side that just melts my heart and of course when I was falling in love I tried to control myself, I tried to stop, but I couldn't. He connects with me on a deeper level I never thought any one could.

I started to tear up, I wipe my tears and I look at elijiah.

Hayley: so I am sorry elijiah I don't love you anymore but I tried not loving klaus and it just hurt me at the end of the day and I am tired of being hurt.  I love him.

Elijiah wiped his tears and just walked out. Freya came in and wiped my tears.

Freya: it's good to know someone other than family loves klaus the way you do.

I laugh and I hug Freya.

Hayley: Im sorry I choked you that day. I was just built up with emotion.

Freya: no, hey I get it you were not only protecting your family you were protecting the love of your life. I get it.

I hug Freya one more time and we leave out the door but we here Rebekah come running in.

Rebekah: klaus a letter from you. From some girl auroa

Klaus: oh what the hell

Elijiah: I thought she was dead.

Hayley: who the hell is auroa

Klaus turns around and looks me in the eye

Klaus: my ex gf centuries ago.