𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

A/N: This chapter isn't as well written as the rest of the book, I wrote it so you can understand Arabella's backstory.

⋆✰⋆

THE GIRL'S long brown locks blew in the wind as she swung back and forth on the tire hanging from a branch of the giant oak tree in her backyard. Her pale freckled skin was glowing from the bright sun in the sky. It was truly a beautiful summer day, but as they say all beautiful things must come to an end. Michelle Rhodes, a witch, was smiling and sipping her sangria as her daughter squealed every time Michelle's human husband, Jeffrey would push her higher. The sun was setting, sending an orange hue over the large house outside Wilson, Kansas.

The family was walking back into their house for dinner when Michelle felt a strong gust of wind and a blur pass her. She knew it wasn't just wind and she shared a look with her husband, but before she could do anything to fight against the vampire, she had to get her husband and daughter to the house.

She wasn't fast enough though, as the terrified screams of her six year old daughter were heard, she turned around. What she saw was a gruesome and gory scene, her husband was being fed on by a vampire, his eyes wide while he was struggling against the stronghold of the creature.

Michelle ran after her daughter and pulled her behind her as she whispered, "Bella honey you need to run into the house and lock the doors, I'll be there soon."

Her daughter was a little hesitant but when the creature dropped her father onto the ground, she ran into her house.

She locked the doors and ran upstairs into her room, the girl peeked out the window and saw her mother on the ground looking like her father did. Another speeding creature was behind the one that hurt her father. The new one pulled out the heart of the other one, Arabella let out a scream and hid away from the window as she saw a man's heart get ripped out.

She then heard a knock on her door, "Bells? Bells? It's me Liam." the man said from the other side of the door. Liam was going over to his aunt's and uncle's for dinner when he heard his little cousin screaming, he was too late to save his aunt and uncle but was just in time to find the vampire before he got to Arabella.

The crying young girl lifted her head at the voice of her cousin. "Bells, you gotta let me in." He sounded panicked, the girl was scared, maybe it was one of those scary creatures.

She stood up and unlocked her door, she opened the door a little bit. When she saw that it was, in fact, her cousin she ran and jumped into his arms. He lifted her up, "It's going to be okay." He reassured her with tears in his eyes. "You're gonna come with me now. No one will hurt you."

The girl nodded as she wiped her eyes, "What happened to mom and dad?"

Liam looked at her sadly and sighed, "They're in a better place now."

The girl tilted her head at him and furrowed her eyebrows, "What do you mean?"

He shook his head, "Ask me when you're older and I'll tell you."

She nodded, Liam sped them to his house. He was going to take care of her until she was ready, and when she would be he would bring her to the only place for people like her. The Salvatore Boarding School. His aunt Michelle was a witch and he knew she would most likely pass the witch gene down to her daughter, he needed to be sure first.

⋆✰⋆

TWO YEARS Later

"I'll see you every holiday and I'll call every week, Bells everything is going to be okay." Laim laughed, Arabella was hiding behind him. She saw all of the older people who were bigger than her, she was scared. She didn't want to leave her cousin, he took care of her and he said nothing could hurt her while he's there.

"No." Arabella argued, Liam shook his head at the girl.

"Bells, you have to." He took her hands in his and knelt down to her level. "Don't cry Bella, you'll make a lot of friends here, I can feel it. You know what happens when I have a feeling." He smiled as the girl nodded, he said when he has a feeling it always comes true. Liam wiped her eyes and felt some tears prick in his eyes. "God, now you're making me cry."

Arabella laughed and hugged Liam, "I'm going to miss you Li."

He hugged her back and looked up at the headmaster who was now approaching them with his two daughters, "You ready." Alaric Saltzman asked Arabella, she nodded, "Hello Arabella, my name is Dr. Saltzman I'm your headmaster. These are my daughters Lizzy and Josie." The two girls who were the same age as Arabella waved at her. "We'll show you around the school." Josie held out her hand towards Arabella, the girl slowly took it and the three girls walked into the school leaving Liam and Dr. Saltzman outside.

"She's going to be okay here," Alaric spoke. "I know what happened to her parents, it must be hard for you guys." He looked over at the three girls who were laughing together.

"Yes, but we got through it." Liam told the headmaster. "Keep an eye on her, she's the only family I have left."

Alaric looked at Liam and smiled, "She'll be safe here, it's probably the safest place for her at this age."

They bid their goodbyes and Alaric walked into the school. Liam looked up to the sky and imagined his uncle Jeffery and aunt Michelle smiling at him. He looked at the school, "This is where you belong, Bells." He mumbled as he sped away, leaving his only family at a place where she'll be safe.

⋆✰⋆