|| 1.6 ||

|| Chapter 17 ||

|| Chapter 17 ||

|| Yes ||

It's been a day after Hope disappeared with Dr.Saltzman and the Mikaelson girl hasn't called or texted Arabella at all. She didn't know what they were up to, or if they were okay and that was starting to make the brunette nervous. Liam had stayed at the school for the rest of the day, the day before, but he left before nightfall. He said something about having to go see someone, the girl didn't question it. He'd do that all the time, when he didn't want her to know what he was up to, she was the same way and hated when people pried. It kind of ran in the family. 

Arabella had a very boring day, it was Saturday and all she's done was watch old horror movies and study for the midterms that were coming up soon. She tried to keep her mind off of the whereabouts of her best friend and headmaster of the school. She kept telling herself that they were fine and that they could take care of themselves, but no matter how many times she repeated it to herself, she kept worrying over them.

Arabella was currently watching A Nightmare on Elm Street, one of her favourite horror movies of all time. Young Johnny Depp was the highlight of the movie and no matter how many times she watched it, she still couldn't understand how he could pull off a crop top better than her. She was shoving a handful of M&Ms into her mouth when someone knocked on her door. The girl groaned and threw the covers off of herself, revealing her baggy sweatpants. She straightened up her tank top and hair, not knowing who could be at her door. Arabella opened the door revealing Rafael standing with his hands in his pockets.

She raised an eyebrow at the boy, "Hello?"

     "Hey, um, I was wondering-" He stuttered, causing the girl in front of him to laugh lightly. She gave him an amused smile, waiting for him to get over the stuttering fest. He usually wasn't like that, which confused the girl. Rafael cleared his throat. "Just, um, put on a jacket, I want to show you something."

Arabella looked taken aback at his bluntness but complied anyways, she was extremely confused about what he wanted to show her but just shook off the uneasiness. She opened her door wider, letting the boy into her dark room. She had the curtains closed and lights turned off because it helped her get the feeling of the movie. The girl grabbed a coat from the closet and pulled it on over her arms.

"Am I gonna regret this?" She asked playfully, grinning at the boy as Rafael led her through the halls of the school.

•••

      "Where are you taking me?" Arabella asked Rafael as he led her through the woods, she was extremely confused, not knowing where the boy was leading her. She looked around, trying to find some familiar ground but she couldn't recognize anything. It was like her to do that, worry over small things. "You're not gonna kill me, are you?"

     Rafael let out a short laugh, Arabella had to stop herself from smiling at the sound. His laugh made her smile, she thought it was cute. What is happening? she asked herself after her last thought. She wasn't one to be into mushy things but she just couldn't help but wish he would laugh again. Just so she could hear it. The boy looked down at the brunette who was holding his hand as they walked through the woods, and grinned, "Calm down, we're almost there."