|| 0.1 ||

|| Chapter 2 ||

|| Chapter 2 ||

|| Runaway ||

It took Arabella and Rafael a while to find a place with little-to-no people but they did, the teenagers sat on a log in front of a small fire. There were a few straggling people around but not many, the music from the party could still be heard but it wasn't as deafening as before. The two were silent for the longest kind of time, not knowing what to say, the party music and the chatter of the people around them made the silence less awkward and tense but it was still there.

Arabella was probably the most awkward person in the boarding school so it was hard for her to find a good way to start a conversation. She was racking her brain for ways to start talking, Do I ask how he's doing? she thought to herself. She was against that idea, maybe that wouldn't be a good way to start a conversation considering a month ago his girlfriend died in a car accident when he was driving. Josie told her what caused him to trigger the werewolf curse over lunch, she was relieved he wasn't an actual killer but she felt bad that he had to go through that.

After a little while Rafael's voice brought her out of her thoughts, "Thanks for helping with Landon."

She glanced at him grinning playfully, "Yeah, not a problem. I kind of do that a lot." She says with fake smugness.

"Really?" He asked with raised eyebrows. He wouldn't be surprised if she did, Arabella was the first person Josie brought up when he asked for help to get Landon back. Something about the way she said it made him think she was joking though.

"No," She scoffed with a smile. "My friend Hope does all that, you were the very first person to ask me for help."

He laughed lightly at her comment, "Well I'm happy to be your first." She burst into a large fit of laughter, Rafael smiled and turned to her, "Are you guys close?"

She looked back to the fire and watched the red and orange flames. "Hope?" She questioned when he nodded she continued, "Yeah, we're basically sisters." She stopped for a moment before asking another question, even though she already knew the answer, "Are you and Landon really close?"

"Basically brothers, we were staying in the same foster house."

At that Arabella straightened her back from the slouched position, it seemed that she and Rafael were in the same boat with the parent situation. He probably didn't have any relatives though, Arabella was happy that she at least had Liam. Liam's mom was Arabella's dad's sister, he was turned into a vampire when he was 18 years old.

"Foster care?" She asked after a while of silence.

"Yep, were you in the system too?" He stopped talking seeing her face drop slightly. "Before you came here?"