|| 0.4 ||

|| Chapter 5 ||

|| Chapter 5 ||

|| Dragon Slayers ||

"Okay girls, it's time," Alaric gripped their shoulders reassuringly as Arabella nervously looked at the hatch.

She was terrified, their plan was really dangerous. So many things could go wrong but if they did it correctly everything would go smoothly. There was a chance that the two witches could be torched, Arabella knew Hope could do it though. The plan was the best they could come up with on such short notice.

Arabella's hands were shaking as she repeated the spells she might have to do over in her head, she really hoped she wouldn't choke up at the last minute. She wasn't the most courageous person around, she was actually very fearful. She was scared of the most basic things, like spiders, heights and clowns. Arabella would joke around about being confident all the time but she actually never felt that way. She would always overthink the smallest situations that happened or were about to happen.

She inhaled a shaky breath when she felt someone grab her arm, she looked up at the person with wide eyes. "Bella, it's gonna go fine, everything will go as planned," Rafael spoke softly to her, his hand still on her arm. The weird tingly feeling was back and she looked up to meet his eyes.

"Raf, there are more holes in that plan than swiss cheese," She stated bluntly.

"Don't worry about it, just do what you're supposed to do and everything will work out."

  She nodded and hesitantly turned to Hope, "Okay let's do this."

Hope stormed out of the cellar ready to work out the plan as Arabella stayed behind her waiting to do her part. She was nervously fiddling with her fingers watching for the perfect time.

  The dragon lady looked like she was waiting for them to attack, her head jerked between the two witches with smoke pouring from her mouth. Arabella took that as a sign to go. She came out from behind Hope as she used her powers to swipe the dragon out of the way.

The woman flew to the side and landed with a thud on the ground, "Didn't anyone ever tell you smoking's bad?"

     Hope laughed and they high fived, Arabella was still mad at her but they made a good team, as always. The dragon lady was quick to recover though she was on her feet glaring at the two girls. The woman began to run towards them with glowing red eyes.

    "I know, quitting is hard," Hope stated with fake pity, the dragon was getting ready to torch the two girls.

Arabella looked to Hope who took the knife out and held it in front of her. Hope muttered a spell, Arabella stayed beside her crossing her fingers that the spell would work as planned.

When the woman blew out fire Arabella thought that would be the end for her but a type of invisible barrier formed in front of them, the fire acted like it hit a wall and stopped at the knife.