|| 1.5 ||

|| Chapter 16 ||

|| Chapter 16 ||

|| Normal ||

It was the day after remembrance day and Arabella felt a lot better. She had come to terms with the fact that she shouldn't be crying over her father. Yes, she was hurt but there was nothing she could do about it. She couldn't be held up in her room all day, so all she needed to do was suck it up and move on. It was a strange way to cope but it worked for her. 

     After the Necromancer disappeared, like literally. Hope told Arabella that the man was there one minute, talking about how to open Malivore. And the next he was gone.

     Malivore was this supposed 'black hole' that would basically swallow these creatures and erase them from existence. The Necromancer told Hope that there were three keys to unlock this place and if it was unlocked it would basically mean the end for all supernaturals. The knife was one of those keys, the Necromancer had it and probably brought it to Malivore.

     Arabella hadn't spoken to Hope since the night before, too caught up in studying for the midterms. Dr.Saltzman decided to move the date back to the original one, assuming that the next Malivore key wasn't in the school so they wouldn't have any more creatures coming in.

     She was in her dorm, getting ready for her first class, desperately trying not to be late. She missed a whole day of classes yesterday and probably had a shit ton of homework. Arabella was throwing her hair into a ponytail, not bothering to fix it since she woke up late, again, when someone knocked on her door.

     She walked to her door with a sigh, just wanting no one to bother her. She didn't look at who was there before speaking, "What?"

     "Good morning to you too," Rafael laughed at the sight of the tired girl. She smiled at the boy and yawned. "How are you holding up?"

     "I'm good, I actually feel a lot better now that the key is gone. It's not like I want to unlock Malivore, I just hated having to sleep with one eye open, worrying if a monster was going to kill me in my sleep." She answered, adding a sigh at the end to show how exhausted she was.

    "Well, to help you get back to normal. I brought coffee," Rafael held up two cups filled with coffee, a large grin plastered on his face. He was hoping to lift the girl's spirits. Once she caught sight of the styrofoam cup in his hand, Arabella's eyes lit up as she greedily grabbed one and took a sip of the bitter liquid. "Thought you might want to walk to class together."

     Arabella bit back a smile at his comment, 'this is not the time for feelings' she scolded herself. Even though all she wanted to do was get back to normal and crushing on a person is the most normal and mundane thing to do. She still wanted no distractions until after the midterms.

"Yeah just let me grab a few things."

He nodded as she turned into her room, leaving the door wide open for him to enter. She was grabbing some textbooks and notebooks to stuff into her bag as he wandered and admired her room while waiting.