Dreaming.

After the cafeteria was closed, and people were led back to their cells, I lingered by the doors of the cafeteria with Aris.

"We need to show Thomas the room," I insisted. Aris' brow furrowed and he let out a long 'hmm.'

"I'm not sure, you think he's ready? Or loyal enough?" He stroked his chin, lost in deep thought.

I nodded. "I do think he is. I can grab him tonight, unless you'd rather do it."

"I'll do it. I don't want you getting caught. Again." he chuckled and I rolled my eyes. 

"Aris!"

A booming voice echoed through the empty hallway, and we both looked up. Janson was walking towards us in powerful strides.

"Why are you two not in your rooms?" He demanded when he reached us. "It's past curfew!"

"I was waiting with Maya for her guards sir," Aris replied respectfully. That's something I could never do. I nodded along with him and looked up at Janson, trying to look as innocent as I could.

"Fine." Janson looked down at the clipboard he had in his hands. "I'm here now, so skedaddle."

Aris did, but not before giving me a glance of pity as he raced off down the hallway. Janson usually didn't do these types of errands, but I guess Grace and Ronaldo were too busy.

"I heard you tried to get out again, Trouble," Janson said, his voice sounding happy, and not at all mad. "You need to understand this is for your own good."

I didn't reply, and just let him talk as we walked down the hallways, twisting and turning like I was in the maze again, a place I never would want to be.

It seemed like hours before we reached my small room. I was glad to have Janson close it behind me, locking me away from humanity. I loved being alone in my private little room.
I collapsed into bed, and let out a loud sigh. I pulled the sheets up to my chin and flicked the light switch off, and I laid in sweet darkness.

I didn't fall asleep. I just laid with my eyes open, pondering what to do next. I wondered if Aris was leading Thomas through the vents right now. At breakfast I decided I would ask him, and maybe talk to his British friend, Newt, some more. I smiled and remembered that we had shared a quick glance and a smile before he was swept along by his friends after the cafeteria closed.

I did fall asleep eventually, but it wasn't too great. My dreams are never great.

A huge mass of terror stood over me on it's eight, horrible, robotic legs. It was a Griever. I saw it slowly bend down and it's terrible, scrunched face inspected my terror stricken face. I sucked in a breath as it backed up and the details of the scene I was finally came into view. I was crouched in a corner of the maze. I was back in the maze. The Griever scuttled off and I let out a sigh of relief. I was never really afraid of them. I stood up and took a couple steps out from my hiding spot.

"Maya!"

I heard someone screech. I swiveled around, searching for the source. I couldn't find anyone.

"Maya!"

The voice was very familiar, and it seemed to ring louder through the maze. I wanted to find the person, but as I ran through the aisles and aisles of huge, tall walls.

"MAYA!"

The scream wrenched at my heart and I let out a little squeal as I realized who was calling out to me. John. I loved him back in my maze, and I was unable to save him from being torn apart by Grievers before my very eyes.