Storm.

I was jostled awake by Newt getting up. I heard him yawn loudly, and Minho mock him. Smirking, I slowly got to my knees, rubbing my eyes, then stretching lazily.

"Morning sunshine!" Minho taunted, his shadow blocking the bright sun from my sleepy eyes. "Don't you look amazing?" Frypan let out a short laugh at Minho's remark, and I glared at them, desperately trying to fix my horrible hair.

"Here," Newt said and sat down behind me, smiling. He pulled me into his lap, and began to run his hands through my sandy hair. My two buns that I had put up in the mall had fallen out days ago, so I handed Newt my two hair elastics, and he skillfully put together two braids, and twirled then into buns.

When he finished up, I turned around to him and he grinned, seeming quite happy with himself. "Final touch," he muttered, and untucked a strand of hair out from my buns, making side bangs to frame my face, then he leaned in and kissed my nose quickly.

"Weird," Frypan chuckled, and I gave him a very mean look. His eyes darted away, and began to repack his backpack and put his jacket back on, pretending that he hadn't said anything.

"Thanks Newt," I smiled, holding his hand. "I have no idea what it looks like, but I'm sure it looks amazing."

"It looks really nice," I heard Teresa say, and I gave her a smile. Even though we were sitting in the middle of a horrible, terrible desert, I was smiling more than I had in very king time. And I enjoyed it.

"Let's go lovebirds!" Thomas called. "We need to get a move on."

"We're coming!" Newt called, and the group began to walk off. He helped me to my feet, but not before kissing my cheek. I smirked at him and gave him a light punch on his shoulder, and we ran off to catch up with our group, and despite the sweating and heat, we held hands.

Walking, walking, and more walking. That's all we did. It was repetitive, tiring, and I was ready to fall over again, and barf my guts out. But I kept on, we all did. Stumbling into shade whenever we could, taking five minute naps, and licking the sides of the damp, empty water bottles, wishing we had water.

It felt like years until the sun finally began its descend, the wonderful night breeze returning to grace our hot skin.

The sand had began to flatten out, and now we were treading on hard, sun-scorched dirt, leaving the difficult dunes behind us happily. But no matter how long we walked, the mountains didn't get any closer. It was like they were going farther away, like an illusion.

When the sun disappeared, we all collapsed pathetically onto the ground, groaning loudly, shrugging off our backpacks and jackets. We could finally rest, and sleep.

"Holey moley," Minho moaned, rubbing his eyes. "If I stay one more day out here, I swear, I'm going to go as crazy as those stupid monsters we found in the mall."

"Cranks," I corrected, strangely obsessed with fixing his every mistake. Minho was the sass-master after all, and I needed to step up my game.

Minho rolled his eyes and laid down on his backpack, yawning, "Yeah, yeah, whatever, do it care? There still monsters."

"He's right," Newt muttered, lying down beside me, looking up at clear night sky. "I'm never going to be able to sleep without nightmares again," muttering, he wrapped his arms around my waist and put his nose into my hair, and I smiled happily. I enjoyed the nights. We could actually get close without the stifling heat making it worse, and our little group could talk without loosing breath.

Happily, I fell asleep, my hands over Newts, which held me close to him.

I hadn't had a dream since the one wth Newt, and tonight, I finally got the end of the story.