Sand.

I moved away from the snoring group, and sat on a piece of rubble, in the middle of a pile of broken concrete, and the scene of an unlit, sad city stood before me. It was dark, but I could still make out the broken silhouettes of the once tall skyscrapers, and more and more piles of rubble. It was a sobering sight, knowing that this was once a proud city that stood tall, full of bustling crowds of people, eager to get from one place to the other.

I leaned against a rock, then I stared up at the clear night sky, folding my arms and huddling in a small ball, while the rest of the guys huddled together. I did not feel like touching. I shivered and studied the stars, looking for constellations, but I could only find Cancer. I remember sitting in the Glade with Will, he taught me all he knew about constellations. I missed him. Too bad he was Griever chow.

A new noise interrupted my peace, I swiveled around, and got to my feet, to see a figure walking towards me in the dark, and I put a hand on my little dagger, ready to whip it out, but as my eyes squinted hard, and the person grew near, I saw Newt, rising from his sleep and sitting beside me, rubbing his eyes and yawning. My hand let my dagger go back into the hidden pocket in my jacket and sighed, looking at him as he stared out at the sky, his eyelids occasionally closing, like he was trying to grab a little bit of sleep as he sat there.

"Did I wake you up or something?" I asked and his lips drew a small smile.

"No, I just wake up sometimes, normally at midnight. It's bloody annoying," he chuckled and his eyes darted towards me, but went back to the stars when he met my gaze. I smiled and stopped staring, realizing it was awkward. His British accent was actually pretty nice, like most accents. I twiddled my thumbs awkwardly, and cleared my throat. "Have you found any constellations yet?" Newt asked, inching closer to me on the rubble.

I pointed up then a little to the right and his eyes followed my finger. His face was so close to mine, that his breath sent shivers down my spine. "Cancer," I whispered quietly, and I saw Newt's eyes focused, his forehead creased.

"Nah, that's not Cancer, Love," he said quietly. I blushed, and tried to ignore the fact that he called me Love, and studied the constellation. "That's Gemini."

I shook my head and we sat back again, searching for more. "To-may-to, to-mah-to," I chuckled and felt Newt's arm wrap around my shoulder. I didn't shrug him off like I would've done a couple days ago, instead I looked up at his face and he looked down at me, his big brown eyes piercing the darkness of the night.

"Your beautiful," he muttered, and I tried to hide my smile.

"Thanks," I mumbled back. Before I could think of anything more to say, I felt him kiss my cheek, but he hid his face before I could say something.

"Goodnight," he said quickly, and I just smiled, cuddling up to him, quickly falling asleep.

I woke up to the sound of loud snickering, and I slowly opened my eyes. Minho was standing in front of me, trying to stifle his laughter.

"I should've seen this coming," he laughed. I raised an eyebrow, confused, but soon realized what he was talking about. Newts arm was still around me and my head was on his shoulder. I looked at Newt who was just waking up, and I giggled.

"Shut up Minho," I sneered, and kicked at his face, but missed when he slapped my boot away. He shrugged and walked off, quietly snickering.

Newt shifted beside me and stood up, yawning. "Sorry about that," he said, helping me up. "Minho tends to find the fun in every terrible situation, even if one of our friends just died."

We walked back to the group who was packing up their junk slowly, all of them rubbing their eyes, and stretching. "Who was that kid?" I asked, kicking a crow away from Thomas' bag, then kicked him in the side, waking him up.