Friends.

Newt had left a long time ago, and it was almost time for lunch. I was excited to see what Thomas had planned, but I was also worried that it wasn't going to be smart enough to get us to where we needed to go.

My door clicked, and I knew it was the end of my free time, and it was time for lunch. I looked at my watch but it was only eleven thirty, half an hour to lunch time. It was unlike them to go off schedule, but I opened my door anyways. Grace was waiting for me outside, her head bent over her keypad, inspecting it and rubbing dirt of it with her fingernails.

"Hey Grace," I spoke up, getting her attention. She nodded at me and we walked down the hall. Grace was silent the entire walk, until she stopped me before I turned down the cafeteria hallway.

"Other way, not this hallway," she muttered, and I raised an eyebrow at her, and she returned it. I sighed and kept walking, hoping that whatever she wanted with me was something quick. We walked for another minute, until I was shoved into a room with only a metal table and two chairs in the center. Grace instructed me to sit in the chair on the far side of the small table and wait for Janson.

Janson again?

I did as Grace told me, and as I sat down, she turned around a left, locking the door behind her, and I let out a scoff, annoyed with her for bringing her here when I had somewhere to be, and why with Janson again? Where was Ronaldo? Grace only helped Ronaldo when I was causing trouble, and I hadn't done anything today! I was starting to think instead of just solving the lingering mysteries, I should just grab my new 'friends' and get the heck out of here.

My thoughts were interrupted by the familiar click of the door unlocking. Janson and his bland, grey turtleneck sweater stepped into the room, his ugly face wrinkled with lines of concentration as he shuffled through some papers that clipped to his regular clipboard. Still distracted, he sat down, and looked at the papers for another minute, mumbling something under breath every so often. I sat awkwardly in my metal chair, until he slammed down the clipboard, assuming he was angry about something, but his face was stamped with a sickening smile.

"Sorry Maya," he apologized, his voice was calm, but had a hint of annoyance that made me annoyed. "People are being difficult."

"I get that," I mumbled, and he smirked.

"I've requested to meet with you for something other than small talk, unfortunately." He reshuffled the papers again, making them stacked, perfectly aligned with each other. "Do you know why I want to talk?" he asked, and raised an eyebrow at me. I shook my head and he chuckled lightly. "Today, I got word from your daily guard, Ronaldo, that he came in your room during free time, and he found nothing!" His eyebrows knitted together angrily. "Where were you?"

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat and cried to avoid contact with his grey eyes. "I-uh, I don't know-um-I don't know what you're talking about."

Janson let another disgusting chuckle and leaned forward in his seat slightly, putting his hands together on the desk. "Where were you?" He restated, but this time his voice was so low, and so ominous I could've swore he was ready to murder me if I didn't answer, so I made up something as quickly as I could.

"I was-uh-out looking for food. I never eat enough during lunch," I lied, rather smoothly. Janson didn't seem persuaded, but he nodded nonetheless.

"I see, but I'm sure you knew that the cafeteria was closed?" He asked.

I sighed, trying my hand at acting. "Oh course I knew that, I'm just really good at sneaking around. I'm sure you know that, sir." I smiled, trying to look respectful but I just made him angrier.

"I know that's not the truth Maya," Janson muttered, his face turning red. "And I want the truth."

Still smiling, I shrugged. "I'm sorry, sir, but that's all I got. Except for-"