Found.

I know this picture is from The Death Cure, don't kill me. I just find it so freaking sad. :(

The elevator ride up to the sixth floor made my stomach churn. It was strangely fast and would get stuck at times, but we eventually made it to our floor.

The girls apartment was neater than I expected it to be, and I gladly flopped onto the old, floral sofa that sat against the living room wall. It was a small, humble apartment, but comfortable. Mismatched pieces of furniture sat in the living room, and the kitchen was neat. The bedroom held three sleeping bags and one rickety clothing drawer that was bursting with sweaters of multiple sized clothes.

"This place is nice," I mumbled, sinking into the fabric of the couch, closing my eyes.

"Thanks." Serena sat beside me and let her head roll back against the cushion. "Most of this stuff is stolen actually. Thanks to Michelle." Michelle gave me a smile from the kitchen and started a enthusiastic conversation with Ellen who was digging into the fridge, clearly not listening.

The rest of the day we sat lazily in the living room. Me and Serena lounged on the sofa, while Ellen was draped on a black leather armchair. Michelle laid on the floor, staring at the ceiling as ran her hands through her hair. We talked about random things, Serena's relationship, my backstory, their backstories, and just complete nonsense. Pretty much all the things you'd expect from a bunch of girls.

We didn't have dinner, since the fridge was mostly empty, so instead, we took a walk through town. We used some of our days winnings and bought a couple different foods from street vendors and bought another sleeping bag from a junk shop for me. After we finished eating some apples, sitting on the side of the road, Ellen made an announcement.

"Girls, I think Maya has proved herself worthy of being a Scavenger with us once she's fully healed. What do you guys think?" She raised and eyebrow at Michelle and Serena who nodded back at her. "Sweet. What do you say Maya?"

I froze up, realizing what they were really asking of me. They wanted me to stay with them, gather trash all day, and live in a depressing city, while my friends are on their way to the Safe Haven. "Um, I'm really not sure. I'm probably still being tracked by WICKED, and I don't want to bring them here and hurt anyone."

Michelle smiled and put a hand on my shoulder. "It's fine, we're willing to risk that for friendship."

I saw out of the corner of my eye, Serena fake gagging from the cheesiness, and I chuckled.

"Plus we have a couple WICKED escapee friends who might be able to help with the tracking," Ellen added, winking.

"Guys, I'm sorry," I sighed, seeing their smiles turn into disappointed frowns. "I can't stay here while my friends are still out there."

"You mean while Newt's still out there?" Michelle giggled cheekily and elbowed my ribs, making me blush.

Ellen sighed and threw her apple core into a full trash can. "It's fine Maya. I know I would do the same thing if I was separated from Michelle and Serena." The girls gave me wholehearted smiles which tugged hard on my heartstrings, making me feel guilty for leaving these wonderful girls here, where they could die, or worse, become infected. Maybe we did need a cure. Maybe WICKED was right.

That night, while I laid in my sleeping bag, surrounded by the girl's snores, that's all I could think about. Being in this horrible, disease ridden city was changing my view of WICKED. My mind was being changed. WICKED's intentions weren't as evil as I believed them to be. Sure they were killing innocent kids for the cure, but was it really that bad when the entire human population was at stake?