Chapter 2

It was early evening when Fen Bai had left The Night Bird and the sun had long set when he returned from his company to his home close to the edge of A City. Walking into his house in the living room he saw a small figure sitting on the sofa with a black canvas bag covering their head; Aunty Chi, the housemaid, was nowhere to be seen. Fen Bai slipped off his shoes and put on some slippers before soundlessly walking to stand in front of the hooded person.

When standing in front of the stranger it was obvious that it was Xiao Yu, aside from the bag covering his face he was only wearing a black bathrobe with a bird symbol on the left breast. Fen Bai didn't say anything, it seemed Xiao Yu didn't notice someone had entered the room. A few seconds passed and Xiao Yu moved his head to the left then to the right. Lin Yu spoke barely above whisper

"H-Hello?"

Fen Bai didn't answer, wanting to see what Xiao Yu would do next. Xiao Yu looked straight ahead as if he was trying to see through the thick fabric.Tentatively he raised his right hand to touch in front of him. Reaching out until his arm was almost straight, the palm of his hand gently pressed against Fen Bai crotch. Xiao Yu as if electrocuted jolted back into the sofa. Fen Bai chuckled softly.

"Why do you still have the bag on your head? Take it off."

Xiao Yu recovered from his shock and took the bag off, his long hair was all over the place and his cheeks were crimson.

"A lady said I couldn't take the bag off until Mr Fen said, she also said I couldn't move from this seat until you said."

Fen Bai was slightly amused at Xiao Yu's dedication but also annoyed at his maid forgiving ludacris instructions.Xiao Yu's soft voice broke Fen Bai train of thought.

"Mr Fen I need to use the toilet."

"Go if you need to, you don't need permission to piss or shit."

"Wh-Where's the bathroom?"

"Aunty Chi didn't give you a tour?"

Xiao Yu shook his head though Fen Bai wasn't really looking for an answer since you obviously couldn't give a blind folded person a house tour. Fen Bai pointed to a door close to the front entrance of the house and sat down in an arm chair next to the sofa. Xiao Yu got up quickly.

When he returned Fen Bai told him basic rules he would need to obey:

⦁ No entering Mr Fen's study

⦁ Only Enter Mr Fen's room when permitted

⦁ No leaving the property unless escorted by Mr Fen or Colleague of Mr Fen

"Aunty chi who is the maid for this house will give you a tour tomorrow."

Fen Bai got up and pointed to another door at the end of the living room. before walking towards the stairs behind the sofa.

"Your room."

When Xiao Yu was left alone he took a quick look around the living, it was open plan with the kitchen and he could see that past the kitchen was a dining room. Once everything had calmed down inside his head he walked into his own room and fell asleep.

. . . . . .

When Xiao Yu woke up it was 9:27 am. Walking out of his room he saw a woman sitting on the sofa, she looked to be around 40 years old and her lips were pursed tight as if something might leak out if they loosen even slightly.

"Are you just gonna stand there gawking?"

This woman's voice was stern and suited her look.

"Are you Aunty Chi?"