Chapter 15

"We'll take about three hours to get to B City airport, we can't speed or well pick up unwanted attention. I'll be taking the back roads though so it may be bumpy"

Lu YiFeng sat in the front seat next to Yi Yuan, they waited until Old Lady's car had disappeared, then they started off on their own journey. Lin Yu was sitting in the back with Fen Bai, he had wanted to cuddle with Fen Bai since he was still sleepy but the road was too bumpy and he could end up opening the stitches if he bumped into Fen Bai. The whole journey Yi Yuan and Lu YiFeng spoke quietly together while the radio played so their conversation couldn't be heard in the back. Fen Bai's condition was still bad, even though he had more energy now, he took a few pills to dull the pain.

At the airport they walked through a side entrance, Yi Yuan was pushing a reluctant Fen Bai on a wheelchair and a man met them, quietly motioning to a door leading to the runway.

A small plane was waiting for them and they boarded quickly, the plane took off once everyone was seated. Fen Bai fell asleep on the plane and everyone else ate some soup Old Lady had made, leaving a large portion for Fen bai. Lin Yu still had no idea where they were going and Lu YiFeng wouldn't answer his questions, he had wanted to ask Yi Yuan but was too scared to talk to him.

After six hours of flying they finally landed. They had walked out of the small plane onto a very small runway. tropical trees surrounded the area and the weather was very humid, almost like it was sticking to them. Lin Yu broke into a sweat while standing still. He felt bad for Fen Bai since he had dressed him in all black warm clothes. Yi Yuan made them wait in a room off to the side of the airport entrance and came back with a Jeep.

The road they took was extremely bumpy and Lin Yu couldn't take his eyes off Fen Bai until they reached their destination. Fen Bai was wheeled into the master bedroom and placed on the bed. Yi Yuan grabbed scissors and cut off the thick clothes, all the dressing were soaked in blood and some parts of the clothes had stuck to wounds where the dressings had come off. Lin Yu unpacked antiseptic soap and a sponge quickly while Lu YiFeng brought in a large bowl with warm water. Yi Yuan had finished removing the clothing and dressings so Lin Yu could start bathing Fen Bai. Lu YiFeng dribbled cold water into Fen Bais mouth and felt his forehead.

"He has a fever."

Yi Yuan felt Fen Bais forehead too.

"A nurse will be here soon, grab a washcloth and ice."

Lin Yu had finished washing Fen bai and started applying antiseptic cream to the wounds avoiding the ones that had reopened. Yi Yuan left briefly and came back with a very tanned short woman. She gently pushed Lin Yu to the side, opening her bag, she injected Fen Bai with something then started stitching up his wounds. Yi Yuan tugged Lin Yu but he didn't move so he could only put him over his shoulder and walk out, closing the door behind him.

"Ah? Put me down! I should stay with Fen Bai."

"Are you a doctor? What can you do to help?"

Lin Yu was placed down and tears welled up in his eyes, Lu YiFeng pushed Yi Yuan angrily then hugged Lin Yu before taking him into the kitchen. Lu YiFeng took fruit from the fridge to chop and set them on a large plate. Lin Yu and Yi Yuan sat at the breakfast bar, ignoring each other. Lu YiFeng placed the fruit in between them all, giving Lin Yu ice water and a fork.Yi Yuan waited to be handed his but Lu YiFeng started eating the fruit, not moving.

"Mine?"

"You know where everything is, this is Xiao Yus first time here."

Yi Yuan sighed but got up anyway. After half an hour the nurse came out of the room and spoke with Yi Yuan before leaving. Lin Yu finished off a small piece of pineapple then went in to see Fen Bai, he was covered with a light sheet and an IV was in his arm as he slept peacefully. Lin Yu went into the bathroom and showered. Wrapping himself in a towel, he laid on the very edge of the large bed, scared he would affect Fen Bais recovery. Lu YiFeng came in once Lin Yu had been asleep for a while and pushed him to the middle of the bed to stop him from falling off, he then removed the IV and needle from Fen Bai and closed the door.