Chapter 8

Returning back to A City Fen Bai hired people to find information about Lin Huanli and all the people who had ever worked with him, He knew Lin Yu wouldn't be willing to share too much information about his past, so he could only turn to his subordinates to do the tedious work for him.

It was their second day back and Fen Bai was returning to work again, but before he left he introduced an elderly woman to Lin Yu as she would be the next housemaid.

"Hello Xiao Yu, I'm Fan Mi but just call me grandma Mi, okay?."

Fen Bai stood next to Grandma as he told Lin Yu more.

"Her husband is the man who works on the gardens everyday but you haven't met him yet. I had intended for Grandma Mi to work as my house maid when I first moved in here but she already has a job as a nanny, so I couldn't hire her. I've known her for a long time so you don't need to worry about anything, okay?"

Lin Yu nodded hesitantly but still bowed to Grandma Mi greeting her politely. Grandma Mi walked into the kitchen while Fen Bai stood at the front entrance putting his shoes on. Lin Yu moved closer.

"Can't I come too?"

"No, Stay home and behave. Use the gym if you want but don't touch the weights, also no using the swimming pool unless I'm home."

Fen Bai stood up straightening out his suit.

"What pool and gym?"

Lin Yu had never been shown these things since he had started living here and Fen Bai had never spoken of these rooms before. Were they new?

Fen Bai: . . .

"What kind of fucking house tour were you given? I had always wondered why you didn't even know where the glasses and chopsticks were kept. Never mind ask Grandma Mi to properly show you the house. I'll be back later tonight."

Fen Bai kissed Lin Yu deeply then left. Lin Yu didn't really know what to do with Fen Bai not home; Lin Yu stood in front of the door lost, he only snapped out of his thoughts when Grandma Mi had called for breakfast.

Half way through the morning Lin Yu looked through his bags of gifts from Lu YiFeng and chose to make a birdhouse from one of the woodwork kits, since building and painting would take most of the day, easing his mind from thoughts of Fen Bai. Unlike Aunty Chi, Fen Bai had instructed Grandma Mi she could leave at 8:00 pm as long as dinner was prepared and eaten by Lin Yu.

At 8:30 pm Lin Yu had finished the bird house and painted the roof a bright red colour. With nothing to do he began to feel lonely, he didn't know when Fen Bai would be coming back from work; without being tired he showered then dressed in one of Fen Bais pajama shirts snuggling into Fen Bai's bed. When they had returned Fen Bai let him move into his bedroom, even his merry go round puzzle had been placed on the bedside table.

Fen Bai returned a little tipsy from a business dinner at 10:30 pm. Lin Yu hadn't fallen asleep yet and sat upright when Fen Bai entered the room.

"You should be asleep, it's late."

"it's not that late. Besides, I'm not a child and I don't need a full night's sleep."

Lin Yu got out of bed, hugging Fen Bai around the waist tightly. Fen Bai had been in the process of removing his clothes to shower since he reeked of alcohol and cigarettes. His slight tipsiness makes him more impatient than usual, he lightly snapped at Lin Yu.

"Don't stick too close, get back into bed so you don't get cold."

Lin Yu stepped back sadly as Fen Bai walked into the bathroom running the water for the shower without closing the door. Lin Yu stood in place until he heard the shower stop, he rushed back into bed pretending to sleep. Fen Bai walked to his closet putting on underwear then getting into bed beside Lin Yu.