Chapter 9

"Remember when he gets here to act normal. If I catch you trying to signal him or try to warn him in any way, I won't hesitate to shoot you. Kevin is going to be staying down here out of sight. Do not try anything at all. If you're lucky I'll tell the cops you cooperated. Understand?" Scott said.

"Y...yes I understand."

Scott nodded to Kevin and he and Kirstie made their way up to the room.

"Remember to stay calm, Scott. I know it's hard, but this guy knows where Mitch is, and scaring him or threatening him may backfire. He could clam up and we'll never get anything out of him." Kirstie said.

Scott merely nodded and motioned for Kirstie to stay out of sight.

It wasn't long before a knock on the door alerted Scott. He briefly thought about how scared Mitch must be and anger coursed through him.

He swung the door open and grabbed Russ by the shirt and threw him into the room.

"Where the hell is he?" Scott yelled.

"Whoa, whoa. Where is who? What the hell is going on here?" Russ asked innocently.

"Dammit Scott, I told you to stay calm!" Kirstie said angrily as she stormed out of the bathroom.

"I don't give a shit. I want to know where the hell the guy you took from here last night is."

"Look there must be some mix up. I'm just a photographer. I haven't taken anyone anywhere."

Scott pulled out his gun and pointed it at Mark's head.

"Tell me where he is. He has blonde hair and his bangs are swiped to the left. Brown eyes. About 5'6."

"Like I said buddy, no idea who you're talking about. Now, if you'll excuse me." Mark said, attempting to walk around Scott.

Kevin appeared blocking the exit.

"You heard the man. Tell us where our friend is."

Mark, sensing they weren't going to give up, changed strategies.

"Wait a minute. Cute little blonde guy. Now I remember him. Sorry man, I meet so many new people its hard to remember them all."

"Good, now where the hell did you take him."

"Yeah, about that....He isn't there anymore. He was...well..sold already. I'm assuming Russ told you about my operation."

Scott grew quiet and studied Mark's face. The guy was a hard read. He looked arrogant enough that he could be telling the truth, but Scott had a gut feeling it was a lie.

"Give me an address." He said threateningly.

"Are you trying to intimidate me? It isn't working." Mark said smugly.

"I'm not trying to intimidate you. I'm promising you that if you don't give me an address right now, I'll shoot you."

"No you wont. You do that and you'll never find your friend again."

Scott smiled and pulled the trigger, hitting Mark in the shoulder causing a flesh wound.

"Next time It will be the leg, then maybe your arm, or this can end right now. WHERE IS HE?"

"Screw you."

"Scott, can I talk to you in the hall, now." Kirstie said.

He nodded and followed her into the hall, leaving Kevin with Mark.

"Have you gone insane? Do you want to go to jail? You have to be smart about this. You may have ruined any chance we had to find Mitch. Let me handle this." Kirstie said pointing her finger at Scott.

Scott watched her walk back in the room and shook his head. How could he have been so stupid.

"Now, how about we make a little deal. You tell us where our friend is, and we don't call the cops. You can carry on with your little operation you have. We just want our friend, nothing else." She said sweetly and conveniently leaving out the fact that they were cops.

"You expect me to believe that?" He asked laughing.

"What makes you think that we aren't in the business too?"

"Yeah right. With a hot little ass like that, you all would have sold him quick."

"We keep him around for business. One look at him and it brings in the lookers. That's why we want him back. Now, you do us a favor, we do you a favor. We could even send you a few ones we got back on our side. Now, how about that address?"

Mark watched her and finally nodded his head.

"Fine, I'll take you to him, and I want 4 more you have to make up for losing him." He added.

Kirstie smiled and nodded.

"Sure honey, I'll tell you what, I'll send you 6."

"Deal. 1317 Bismark Avenue. I have a warehouse there. He's in one of the rooms. Better yet, I'll show you."

--

Mitch yanked hard against the ropes that bound his hands to the bed. He was worthless. He couldn't even hurt himself the right way without managing to screw it up.

One of the guards had covered his mouth with duct tape and now he couldn't even scream out his frustration.

He had no options, no choices. He was screwed.

He thought about Scott and Kirstie and Kevin. How he wished he was still in L.A with them. What an idiot he was to leave.

He pulled hard and banged the headboard against the wall.

"Hey cool it. You might as well get over it. You'll be in a new home tomorrow. You might even like it kid." One of the guards winked at him and laughed as he left the room.

Mitch screamed behind the tape and then sobbed.

He laid there, thinking about what his life was going to become when he heard a commotion outside.

"You can't buy him yet. Mr. Knox isn't here and the sale isn't until tomorrow morning." Mitch heard a guard say, and his pulse quickened.

"I don't care, I have 1 million in cash and I assure you he won't mind, now where is the young man?"

"Suit yourself then. Follow me."