Meeting

Y/Ns P.O.V

I hate life. I hate being stepped on over and over again. My boyfriend... Well, my ex-boyfriend just told me that he has been with other MEN in our relationship. He told me that he's been gay for a while and that I was an experiment.

  "Hey! You okay there?" I hear behind me. I turn and see a man with dark brown hair and wide, blue eyes. He has high cheekbones and a sharp, pointed, jaw. He's actually very good looking. 

"Yeah. Why?" I ask.

  "No, I just uh- I saw that you looked pretty sad while holding that ring there. So, I thought I should ask if you were okay." he says, sitting next to me on the green, metal park bench. In L.A there aren't that many parks, but this one is very nice. 

"Yeah. I'm not doing too well right now." I say, choking up and shaking my head, looking at the ring. He bought me a fucking ring, knowing damn well we weren't going to work out.

"What happened?" he asks. I look at him and tilt my head. 

"Well, my now ex-boyfriend has been cheating on me with multiple men while we were together." His eyes go very wide and I laugh at his reaction. "Yeah. I know. That's what my face did too. Then I threw some shit at him." He laughs and I join him. He has a very infectious laugh and I love it.  

"Well that's a lot to learn in a short amount of time," he says and I nod, looking ahead at a tree.

"Imagine how I felt!" I say, laughing which causes him to laugh. We settle down and I'm still looking at a tree. 

"I'm Bill." he sticks his hand out.  

"Y/N. Nice to meet you, Bill." I shake his hand and we go get a coffee together.

"So have all of your ex-boyfriends come out as gay?" He asks, joking which makes me smile. I shake my head. 

"No, thank God. That'd mean that I'm a good option for closeted men and I have a type." He laughs and nods, closing his eyes as he chuckles. 

"What do you do, Bill?" I ask him, not being able to get a read on him. He sighs and shakes his head. 

"I'm an actor." He says and my eyebrows raise.

"Really? That's not something you hear every day. How's that going so far?" I ask him. He gives a dry chuckle. 

"Not well, as you can see. I'm not even close to being famous." He says, looking out of the window. I nod and know the feeling. 

"Yeah, I feel you there. I'm a writer and no one knows my name yet. How sad is that?" I rhetorically ask and he lifts his coffee cup. 

"To being failures." He says. I smile and shake my head.

"To future success." I hit his cup and he nods, smiling at me.