Never Want to Let Go

No words. None. I look at my computer, at the flashing text line, waiting for words to come in my brain. But it's just not working. I look at the random hairbrush that's on my bed, my purple sheet that has a massive hole in it, and rock back and forth in my giant Cars blanket. It's raining outside, and it's windy and I can hear the windchimes playing a beautiful song with the raindrops hitting my ceiling. One hand is cold while the other is oddly warm, but it doesn't bother me too much because I just want to be able to write.

Knock knock

"Come in," I say, not looking at who's coming in.

"Hey. I know I have a key and everything but I still feel like I should let you know that I'm coming in." I hear my best friend Bill say. "What's up? Why is it so damn cold in here? You're gonna freeze."

I look up, surprised because to me it's just a little chilly. I give a small smile and see a tray in his hand knowing that my tea is in one of those cups.

"It's not that cold to me. I just love having the blanket around me for comfort." I reply, holding my hand out as he gives me my tea. He goes to close the window and I whimper, not wanting it to be closed.

"Y/N, you're going to freeze and I'm going to have to take care of you." He says, chuckling and I throw a small fit which causes him to laugh even more. His laugh is like music to my ears. I run my hands down my face and place my palms on my cheeks, making a squishy face. I move my hairbrush in time so Bill doesn't sit on it and he lays down, placing his head on my thigh as we both look at my blank computer screen. I sigh and drop my head, feeling like writing is hopeless. I hate having writer's block so damn much and there's nothing I can do about it sometimes.

"Writer's block?" Bill asks, rubbing my back and I nod, causing the blanket that's on my head to fall and make my hair even messier.

I lean back and Bill moves his head from my thigh to my stomach. My right hand massaging his head and my left hand on his stomach. I feel like I could lay here all day with him. But, alas, I cannot because we're just best friends and he doesn't live here with me. I've loved him for so long and it's just so unfair to love your best friend.

"Y/N?" I hear him. I hum in response. He doesn't say anything to that.

"Yeah?" He sighs and I sit up. He moves and when I sit up, he leans on me.

"I, uh, I love you." He says. My eyes go wide and butterflies attack my stomach.

"You know I love you too," I say, knowing he might not mean in that way.

I look at him and he closes his eyes, face on my arm and his arms around my waist. My right-hand crosses over and I keep playing with his hair.

"No. I uh, I love you. Like, not in a best friend way. I love you as I would love you if you were my wife. I had to say it because laying here with you is amazing, but knowing that I can't kiss you while laying here is killing me." He says quietly. A tear falls down my cheek and I inhale. He lifts his head and sees that I'm crying. He wipes away my tears and holds my face in his hand.

"I love you too, Bill. I have for quite some time." I say, knowing if I say a lot more then I'll end up crying even more. He smiles and he leans in to kiss me. This is something that I've wanted for so long and now that I have it, I never ever want to let go.