Never Leaving (Bill)

*You and Bill are teenagers in this. The year is 1995 and y'all are 17 years old.*

Y/N's P.O.V

"Billlyyy," I whine and my best friend chuckles. He looks at me for a brief second before looking back at the road. 

"What?" He asks, still chuckling, knowing that I don't want anything, I just want to bug him.

"Nothing," I say and he laughs. I look at him as he drives, sighing a little. I don't know how to tell him. Yes, I know, very typical. I like him, he doesn't know and I'm scared of telling him. But what can I say? I'm still a teenager and I have fears. 

Currently, we're on a small road trip driving to see my grandma. Bill's lucky, he lives like right next to his grandma meanwhile mine lives three cities over. I know it doesn't sound that far, but when you live in Oklahoma, it truly is very far. My grandma and I always see each other every other Friday, but I promised Bill I would hang out with him the whole weekend, so I combined the two things I promised. My grandma, Ellen, loves Bill so she's happy with him coming with me. His family loves and trusts me, so they're cool with Bill coming. 

"Y/N." He says and I look at him. He's still looking forward but I know he's still talking. "Brownies or cookies?" He asks me, smiling at me, quickly looking at me then going back to the road. 

"To make or eat?" I ask back, needing to know the details. I love making cookies but love eating store-made brownies. He hums, thinking.

"To make." He replies and I nod. 

"Cookies." He smiles and looks at me. I love looking at him, I swear it's one of my favorite pass times. "Where do you want to move, Billy?" I ask him, knowing he wants to leave Oklahoma. I mean, so do I, but I don't know if we want to move to the same place. 

"Either L.A or Arizona." He replies, going back to the road. I give a smile, knowing we're not going to the same places. I've known for a while that he doesn't want to go where I want to, but it was worth a shot. 

"Where do you want to go, Y/N?" He asks me. I look out of the window and smile at the rainclouds in the distance. 

"Oregon." He stays silent. I look over and for once I can't read his expression. I turn up the radio and turn to look out of the window again. It's silent for a while, except for the radio playing music, and I don't know why. I mean, I don't have anything else to say, but if he's mad at me, I don't know what for. There's no reason for him to be upset. 

"You okay, Bill? You went stone there." I say and he still stays quiet. He side-eyes me and I raise my eyebrows at him. 

"I'm fine, I just didn't think you would leave me." He says. I shake my head in shock, not knowing what to say to that. 

"Leave you?" I ask, bewildered by this thought. I'm not leaving him, I just have dreams and he has his. This doesn't mean I'm intentionally leaving him.

"Yeah. I thought you would want to come to L.A with me. We wouldn't have to go to Arizona." He replies, quietly. 

"Why L.A? I mean, California is beautiful and there are different parts of L.A, but why there?" I ask him. 

"Well, to be honest, I don't know any other cities in California. Also, you know I want to be a director so I figured L.A would be a good spot to try my hand at it." 

We pull into a gas station and I get out to pay while he pumps. I grab us some drinks and snacks. Maybe I'll go with him to L.A. No reason not to go, writers get paid there like in Oregon. Hell, maybe we'll work together on a film. I pay for the snacks and gas, walking out, seeing him smile at me makes me smile. 

"Here you go," I say, handing him his drink. He smiles and thanks me, kissing my forehead. I blush, still not used to him doing it. He's done it since I can remember but I'm still not used to it. I get in the car and soon he does too. We sit there for a second, knowing no one is going to pull in soon. 

"Bill, I'll come with you to L.A. I couldn't imagine leaving you this soon," I say and he smiles very widely. He hugs me and I hug back, of course.  

"Y/N, I need to tell you something." He says and looks away for a split second. "I'm in love with you and I need you in my life." He finishes. I smile, putting a hand on his cheek, eyes watering up. I lean in and kiss him feeling him smile before kissing back. We pull away and we leave the gas station. He has his hand on my knee as he drives and I look out of the window, looking at the setting sun. 

*There's a part two for this, I didn't want to make this too long for one part.*