Chapter 11

Diane.

"What?"

"I'll be your third pure tear."

"Ysabel, are you sure?"

"I want to help you since you've helped me."

"Ysabel, thank... thank you." I cried silently and hugged her.

---

I'm at the apartment today with scheduler. Ysabel went to the market to buy food.

"Is she sure?"

"I think so."

"What if it's not pure? Not a pure tear?"

"I... I don't know."

"Okay, okay. Let's just try this."

---

It was already late at night when we gathered in the room to have a private communication.

Ysabel sat on the bed while I sat on the chair next beside the bed. There's scheduler standing at the other side of the bed.

"Diane, I'll do this."

"Thank you, Ysabel so much." Then I hugged her whispering, "Thank you."

She pushed me away gently and looked at my eyes, "You're welcome."

"Psh, we don't even know if it works okay? Stop this drama and do it later when it works." Scheduler said sarcastically which causes us to stop in drama.

Scheduler, don't destroy the moment. Ugh. This is what we called thanksgiving, joke.

So it started. I held Ysabel's hand and faced down. I can feel she's holding my hand tightly. I can know she's trying her best to cry.

"Okay, this will take time. Just think she is your best friend and she'll die tomorro-"

"Scheduler!" I cut him and punch his shoulder softly.

"Just think it."

Ysabel closed her eyes and faced down. She took a little time when a tear went down on her cheek. Then comes another and another until her cheeks were full of tears.

I looked at my necklace but it didn't shine, it didn't fill, no.

"Scheduler, what is the meaning of this?" I asked him emotionally. His face turned to ao-my-gash. What's going on? "Scheduler, she's not a relative of mine, she's not one of my family member, right? Why it didn't work?"

"Diane..." he said silently. Oh, oh gosh, oh gosh! You don't, you don't say...

"What's happening, why are you crying Diane?" Ysabel asked me, confusing.

"Ysa-, Ysabel... Ysabel..." I started to cry, "You, you, you are my... sister." I faced down and continued crying.

"No, no, that's impossible. What do you mean?"

"I got a sister before..." I sobbed. "Her name is Danica..." and I cut instead I cried.

She looked at scheduler and to me, stand up and shook her head. I heard her whispering, "This can't be."

"It can..." I said silently.

---

Maybe... maybe, she's Danica.