10. Sneaking out

"Manik!!" I continuously knocked on the washroom door. "What's taking you so long? It's been like ten minutes since you went inside to change."

"Hey, can't you lend me some other clothes? This is too causal and I don't wear this type of clothes."

I had asked Mukti to lend me Abhi's clothes as I knew she always carried their spare clothes in their car. So he was practically trying out Abhi's grey hoodie, black joggers and a black jacket.

"First open the door." I knocked on the door yet again and this time he opened the door. "Why are you-" My words caught in my throat looking at him. Damn! he looked so good in it. I had always seen him wearing those formal suit and tie and now seeing him in this causal attire just gave out other kind of vibes.

"Stop staring at me like that." He said, grumpily.

A smile formed on my lips. "Wow honey!! you look quite good in this. Actually this style suits you more."

"Don't start that honey thing again." He paused, before putting on a poker face. "And I don't believe you."

I pulled him fully out of the washroom. "Then don't believe me but for now let's go honey." I said it deliberately to irritate him and as expected he made a bad face.

"Let's go." I said, trying hard not to smile.

"Wait! I can't go out in this shoes."

I looked at his shoes, only to chuckle. His shoes were such a turn off to his whole look. "Okay! Wait!" I said before moving to my cupboard. I then took out a box from one of the drawer.

Looking at the box made me feel a little bad. I took off the lid of the box, and stared at the pair of shoes. These were the shoes which I wanted to gift to my ex.

"Are you sure I can wear this?" His voice snapped me out.

"Uhhh yeaa of course." I said handing him the box. "Try it on and see if it fits you."

I handed him the box and he tried the shoes out. It fit him perfectly and it really matched with his outfit. "It looks good on you." I said, plastering a smile, before walking towards the window.

"Wait! Don't tell me we are climbing down the window."

I turned to look at him. "No, we are going to climb down the stairs and wave our parents goodbye, before leaving." I said, sarcastically.

I opened the window and looked down the window, waving at Mukti and Abhi, who waved back at me. Mukti gave me a thumbs up before reaching for the extension ladder.

"I can't climb down the pipes." He said, grabing my attention.

"Then I'll just have to push you down the window." I mocked.

"Not funny."

"Then when did I say it's funny?" I faked a smile as I stepped a step back, while Mukti and Abhi set the ladder against my room's window sill.

Realization dawned upon him on seeing the ladder. He reached the window and looked down. "Okay, we are climbing down from this ladder."

"Yea and you are going down first."

He shot a quick look at me, before again looking down. "Someone might notice us sneaking out."

"This is the backside of the house. So no one will. Now go." I gave him a light push.

"It's really dangerous . What if we get injured while climbing down?"

"Injuries are the sign of us being human." I plastered a big smile on my face, before pushing him slightly. "Now go!"

"But still-" He still had been hesistating.

"Okay fine then. I am going alone." Pulling up my grunge jeans a bit, I took a step towards the window but he blocked my way.

"I'll go first." He sighed, before climbing up the window sill but he stopped yet again.

"Nandini, do we really have to do this?"

"Come down. I'll-"

"Climb down safely. " He cut me in middle before reaching for the ladder.

After we both climbed down and bid Abhi and Mukti bye, we too left. "So where are we going?" Manik asked, as I started the car.

"Let's go clubbing."

"That place is so not for me."

"As if I would believe that. You danced until your feets gave up last time." I said, hitting the gas slowly.

"You never listen to me." He said, grumpily. I looked at him through the corner of my eyes only to go all 'aw' on his expression.

"Okay so tell me where you want to go?" I asked, before hitting the brake and looking at him. He looked at me,a glint of surprise appeared in his eyes before it disappeared again.

"You can not back off. Okay?" He said, still doubtful about what I just said.

"Promise I won't." I assured.

"Okay then to the beach." He smiled.

"Beach!" My expression dropped. I really didn't prefer going to the beach. Like there was nothing to do in the beach, just sit on the sand and see the waves. That's it!!

But I had promised him, so I couldn't back off. After fifteen minutes of driving, I stopped the car on reaching the beach. The beach was empty and it gave me this boring vibes.

"I am already bored." I pouted.

He took off his seat belt, before leaning towards me. I looked t him and he looked at me, our faces just a few inches apart. I could feel my heart race and I didn't even realize when he took off my seatbelt and got back to his seat.

"I'll teach you some fun things to do in the beach." He said, smiling shyly, before getting out of the car.

I took a long deep breath, before patting the area of my heart and getting out. As soon as I stepped out the chilling wind passed by touching my face and I shivered a bit and, before I even realized, I felt a cloth drape on my shoulder. It was Abhi's jacket that Manik had been wearing. "Hey you'll catch cold this way." I said, trying to take off the jacket but he kept his hand on either side of my shoulder stopping me.

"Don't worry, I won't and well, I don't want to be tagged as an irresponsible person."

"How cheesy!" I said with a poker face, looking at the calm moving waves and moreover the shining stars above made the scenario even more beautiful.

May be the beach wouldn't be a bad place to spent the night with him.