13. Ex!

Their story ended with them hoping that their love would last for now and forever and it did. He was reincarnated again for her and this time as a vampire, with no memories of his past life. With the werewolves resurfacing and with their clans fighting with each other, will their love bloom again?

*****

"I can't. This crystal will destroy everything."

"I know you can. Trust me I won't let our efforts fall apart. I got you."

******

Check out my new book "I got you"

****

A week later

My marriage was almost on my doorsteps, only a week was left for it. And with every passing day, my nervousness increased. I wasn't yet ready to leave my home. Though I liked Manik, I felt as though I wasn't ready. This feeling was new to me.

In the morning, despite my mom's warning I secretly sneaked out of my home. It felt suffocating to stay at home all day long, you know being the eye candy and topic of gossips for my relatives.

I punched the punching bag again and this time with much more force. I could feel my hand hurt and I felt tired after all I had been practising for half an hour already.

I slumped to the floor, breathing heavily. "Nandini don't you think you are working out more than required. Are you planning on beating up your fiance?" Mukti said, gaining my attention.

I sighed, looking at the ceiling. "I am just nervous and I just want to get rid of this feeling." I voiced out.

I could hear Mukti chuckle. "Wow the great Nandini Murthy too gets nervous."

I shot a look at her and smiled half heartedly. "I do."

This was the problem with everyone. I acted strong and they thought I wouldn't feel hurt or nervous.

"That's new. Anyway you are lucky you are getting married but there's someone unlucky who isn't getting the chance to get married." Mukti said the last words loud enough for Abhi to hear. Abhi, who had been practising in the ring, looked at our direction and right then he got punched in his head, making him stumble back.

"Abhi."

Mukti rushed towards the ring, concerned. This was boxing. One distraction and you would be knock down. Though people might think,"It's just throwing some punches and kicks, it's not. You need to use your brain, your strength, your tactics and need to stay focused. It isn't a child's play."

"Are you okay bro?" I asked Abhi as he got off the ring, with Mukti pressing an ice pack
where he had been hit. He showed me a thumbs up, smiling but I knew he was hurt.

Right then my phone rang, flashing the name 'Honey' in the screen. I took off my boxing gloves and picked up the call. "You went out?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"Your mom called me and I told her that you were with me. So where are you?"

"I am at the boxing club." I answered.

"Uh okay I'll be there in fives minutes. I am already at the crossroad."

"Okay." I said before hanging up.

Ten minutes later I came out of the club, after changing. I looked around only to spot Manik waving at me from the other side of the road. He had this big smile on his face and I couldn't help but smile.

I crossed the road and reached him. And as soon as I reached him he pulled me in a warm hug. "I thought I wouldn't be able to see you for a whole week."

I raised my head a bit from his chest to look at him. "That means you missed me?"

"Yea I did. You really are one special kind after all.". He dropped a kiss on top of my head.

I gently pulled his one cheek. "Your tactics are so cute honey."

He pouted, crossing his arms around his chest, faking an anger. "Honey again!"

I chuckled. "You don't like it?"

The next moment he smiled and held my hand, shaking his head lightly. "No I love it."

My smile got wider. We then entered the cafe and placed our order, before we both got ourselves a table. He sat right beside me, holding my hand and playing with it as we talked about some random topics, smiling and laughing until we were interrupted.

"You're smiling." I heard a very familiar voice and my smile dropped. I put up a lipgloss smile, before turning to look at the voice source.

"Yes I am smiling and gladly you aren't the reason anymore."

Maddy scoffed. "It's been long since we neither talked nor met and this is what you say to me?"

"Well I was just stating the fact. So even if it hurt you, that ain't my fault."

"You really are mean." He looked at Manik. "So he is your new toy friend."

I could feel my blood boil but I held it in. Faking a smile, I said,"Are you jealous that I am not playing with you? You know your were an out of fashion toy and I don't know what I saw in you when I dated you. But thank god I got my mind in time and dumped you."

"So you admit he is your toy?" He sniggered, looking at Manik.

I left Manik's hand and stood up. As I took a step towards Maddy, he stepped backward. Scaredy-cat! "You know there's a huge difference between an outdated and a special edition. And you are running your mouth too much. If this continues I won't mind running my hands you know." What a mood spoiler!

"Manik." I turned to look at Manik who had been looking at me already. "Let's go."

He slightly shook his head, before forwarding his hand towards me. I gladly held his hand.

"Well be careful. She is using you too. You are just a replacement of me." Maddy ran his mouth again and this time my anger skyrocketed but before I could blast, Manik interjected.

"I really didn't want to talk with a trash like you. But you know you are running your mouth too much. You have this fake bubble around you. Burst that bubble first and get your eyes checked. Can't you see you are no match for me?" Manik smirked, looking at Maddy, with his hand still holding mine. "And you know what you are just a small stepping stone of her life and she already kicked you out of her life. So a piece of advice get yourself a life."

A small smile formed on my lips, seeing Manik taking stand for me. He did that a lot of times but today of all days I felt extra special. We both walked out of the cafe and then into his car.

"Are you okay?" He asked. I turned sideways to look at him as I nodded my head. "I am okay."

He gently held my hand and caressed my knuckles gently. "Don't pretend to be okay when you are not. Okay?"

Those simple words of his made my heart shiver. No one had ever said that to me. I was just a strong rude sassy girl for most of the people around me. They never did ask me if I was okay but he did.

"I am not okay." I let out a slow breath,before adding. "But with you I feel good. Can I hug you?"

"Anytime." He said, stretching his arms towards me. I leaned closer to him and he did the same, before he pulled me into a warm melting hug.

"I didn't know I needed you so much, until I met you."

*****
So liked the chapter? Do vote and comment.

And once again do check out my new story "I got you".

Stay safe and stay happy
Love ❤️
Aaku