Huntress x Fem! Reader (2)

~Huntress POV!~

"Who?" The girl pointed up at me, asking my identity in return. "Anna." I murmured the best I could, hoping she'd understand me. "I like that." [Y/N] said gently, which made me smile a bit underneath the mask. I asked myself whether I should take that off yet, but I didn't quite trust [Y/N].

"Help me." I requested, and she rose respectfully. "With?" She asked gently. "Cook." I explained, gently putting my hand in the small of [Y/N]'s back, which made her lean forward a bit in fear, before calming back. I led her to the kitchen, which was essentially just a fire pit outside with some ornamentals and meat storage.

~Your POV!~

The Huntress was better at architecture and management than anyone would've thought. I wish I could show my fellow survivors that, but they're long gone. They either died or betrayed me, I wasn't conscious enough to tell whenever I was abducted. I just know that they didn't try to save me, if they got a chance to.

"Is that elk meat?" I asked her softly, following her lead in shoveling coals into the fire to make it roar. She went silent for a moment, even her humming ceased. Her lips twitched as if she was about to cry, before she mustered a shaky "no." I immediately felt a depth in my heart; pity. I had struck a nerve unknowingly, but it seemed to affect her significantly. "Don't like elk." She tried to excuse herself, but I didn't exactly believe her. "Anna..." I murmured, "talk to m—" "I DON'T LIKE ELK!" She yelled this time, turning around to me and stomping, which shook the entire structure we were in.

I stood there, shocked for a moment. "Ah..." I breathed in acknowledgment. I briefly apologised, but she didn't accept it, and just kept working.

The rest of the day consisted of me helping her around, rather silently, because I didn't want her to snap again.

I wouldn't say I was scared, it was just the sorrow behind the literal mask of rage that made me feel almost... Bad for her.

... In an adoring way.