Nea x Amanda (1)

[This was a request! The series will probably be two parts]

~Nea's POV!~

It'd been quite a while since the girls' last trial together. Last time, Amanda left Nea on the ground... Amanda interested her, in ways that she couldn't explain. Nea was determined, next time she saw her she'd tell her how she felt. She didn't seem one for love, but Nea felt she had been taking a liking for her.

"Nea, you're being called into trial." Dwight called from somewhere ahead of her, and Nea nodded. "I'll be there in a second." She muttered, secretly hoping it was going to be her lover.

When Nea got into the trial, turning out in The Game, she went for a generator, trying to keep her eyes out, but not in fear, in hopes. She wanted to see Amanda... She longed to tell her how she felt.

Amanda, at this time, was searching the trial, when she heard a generator being worked on. She crouched, and approached the generator as quietly as she could. Once she noticed that familiar face, she watched Nea with a small smile. Suddenly, she charged, and after a small tussle, pinned Nea to the ground. "F-Fuck—!" Nea yelled out, scared, as Amanda busted out laughing, taking off her pig head.

"Just as pretty a-as last time..." Nea panted, smiling softly up at her. Amanda blushed, and hid her face. "Shut it, asshole." The girl mumbled, her pale skin flushing. "I have something for you. Follow me." Amanda prompted, standing. Nea followed, not exactly knowing what else to do. She seemed eager, though, as if knowing.

Amanda ended up taking her to a pile of a few dead roses. Nea seemed warmed at her gift, even if it wasn't the best. She understood it was all Amanda could muster. "It's lovely..." Nea said softly, turning one of the pitch black, thorny roses over in her hand. She seemed genuinely warmed by the gift, a warm and soft smile on her face. Amanda smiled more at that, giggling.

"You're... Very cute." Amanda mumbled, her voice airy and slightly creepy. It seemed this was her best attempt at flirting, and Nea smiled at that. "Aw, thanks..." She cooed softly, smiling a little as she blushed. "I've missed you, y'know that?" Nea said back, smiling when Amanda flustered a bit. "Been thinking of me late at night?" Amanda teased back, winking.

"Y-You... You wish." Nea murmured, and got up to walk away. "You gonna let me escape again?" She asked, and Amanda shook her head. "I want to keep you here for a bit, I've trapped them. If I get them out of the trial, it's just you and me..." Amanda explained, and Nea blushed at the idea. "A date, hm? Are you asking me out on a date?" Nea teased, giggling. Amanda nodded a bit.

At Amanda confirming her suspicions, Nea blushed softly. She continued walking, trying to find her teammates to help Amanda.

After everyone was gone, Nea didn't seem to be disturbed. It wasn't odd, though... Reliving your life and dying over and over had gotten to her morals. Amanda seemed to notice this. "What's up? Normally survivors are devastated." Amanda mumbled, sitting next to Nea and leaning on her a bit. "J-Just um... I've... Gotten used to it. It's easier to laugh in the face of death whenever you've relived your own millions of times, not aging or retiring... Injuries never staying. It doesn't matter anymore." Nea muttered back, zoning out.

"Life matters." Amanda managed after a few moments of silence. "It's... Hard to say why, or where we end up, or where we came from, but... We're here for a reason." She mumbled. "Maybe it's love." Nea giggled mockingly, but Amanda genuinely nodded. "Which, brings me to the topic, u-um... I... I want to t-tell you something." Nea added, her face flushing.

Amanda looked eager, nodding. "Yes, what is it?" She mumbled, curious and excited. She seemed to know, but wanted to keep quiet to create more romantic suspense.

"I... I should p-probably get out of here, nevermind..." Nea muttered, blushing deeper. She seemed too nervous to say anything. "If you were gonna say you love me, I love you too." Amanda said frantically, grabbing her hand whenever Nea stood. "Please stay here with me..." She added, squeezing her hand and pulling her closer.

Nea looked to the girl, examining her expression.
Desperation...
Sadness...
Longing.
Amanda met her gaze, and moved her hand to cup her face, leaning in. Nea's face flushed when she realized what was happening, but she pulled away for a second. "Wait, what're you d-doing?" Nea mumbled frantically, seeming panicked. "D-Do you not want this?" Amanda said softly, fear but willingness in her voice.

When Nea didn't respond, Amanda pulled away, apologising quickly. She walked away, getting ready to go close hatch and start the timer, so Nea would be forced out.

Nea looked to the floor, her mind running rapidly. She didn't know what to do. She longed to grab her hand and love her... She longed to kiss her, to feel her, to touch her. The thought inspired her, and she rushed forward, embracing Amanda from behind.

"Please don't go." Nea muttered, holding her tight. Amanda turned around to look to her softly, meeting her gaze with warmth and love, desire lingering behind her green eyes. Nea's own eyes searched her gaze, and upon finding warmth in it as opposed to hatred or dislike, she cupped her face, closing the distance between them.

The kiss felt like paradise, filled with longing and... Love. They were in love. Helplessly.
Nea kissed her passionately, and Amanda deepened the kiss, smiling against her lips. When they pulled away, they were both panting frantically, laughing nervously. Nea closed the distance again, kissing at her face, and Amanda giggled softly.

"I... I love you so fucking much..." Nea cussed out, giggling softly.
Amanda grinned at this, and a single tear slid down her cheek. "I... I love you too." She cooed, and pressed her forehead to Nea's softly.

They stood there, in their loving embrace. Both longed for more, but this was more than they could ask for in one trial.

After they were done with their affectionate actions, Amanda found hatch with Nea, and let her go. As she went through the hatch, Amanda smiled softly. She felt... Full, for once. As if her life had purpose. She wasn't just meat. She wasn't destined to die. She was full of emotions... She was full of love.

She swore from then on to act on her feelings with Nea, and anyone else.