Huntress x Fem! Reader (5)

A/N: Fuck it—

The walk home after the whole ordeal was incredibly awkward, and mostly silent. "U-Um, so that was interesting!" You squeaked, trying to make some conversation. Anna looked down at you with a small, nervous smile. "Fun." She laughed softly, and you laughed nervously, looking up at her. "I'm... G-Glad it was nice for you too." You said softly, not exactly sure what to say now. Anna suddenly grabbed your hand, making you jump slightly. After a moment, you leaned into the touch, smiling up at her and leaning your head on her muscular shoulder. You nuzzled into her for a moment, and she stopped walking, turning to embrace you properly. She hugged you tight, kissing your hair and forehead a few times, with soft, heartwarming giggles. Nothing had made her feel this happy in a while... After the entity, everything was darkness and blank pages, wishing for a sign... Wishing for some character.

Once the two of you got home, Anna started cooking dinner. "Can I help at all?" You asked softly, coming up behind her to embrace her gently. The contact still made you nervous, and evidently Anna still wasn't quite used to it. This was new to both of you. "Yes." Anna said softly, with a small smile. She handed you a few vegetables, presumably to cut up. You went to the counter next to her and started to chop up the vegetables for what seemed like a stew, and your mind started wandering. To the occurrences of today, and past that. Thinking about Anna, thinking about how you met her. Thinking about how you were still prey in her leader's eyes, and in her morals.

Suddenly, you felt a sharp pain in your hand. Your mind had wandered so much that you accidentally cut your hand open, and it was bleeding rather badly. Anna gasped and exclaimed, rushing over to hold your arm gently to pull it away from what you were doing. "Careful!" She mumbled, inspecting the wound. She pulled you to her medicine cabinet and started wrapping your hand to prevent you from moving it. The wrap was messy, but more than sufficient. "Sit." She commanded, and you frowned. "I want to help you cook!" You protested, and Anna met your gaze with a sort of sternness you'd only seen in your junior high teachers. "Sit." She said, and some part of you jumped, your heart pounding. "What if I don't want to?" You objected, blushing. Anna looked confused at your expression, before gently but firmly pushing you down into the chair. She grabbed your chin, and your breath hitched.

"Be good." She said after a long moment of flustered silence on your part. "Y-Yes mistress..." You mumbled, the name slipping out subconsciously. She didn't seem to mind the name, smiling softly down at you as she went back to cooking.

Soon, food was ready. It didn't take as long as usual, since there was no meat involved. Anna said hunting hadn't been going well, but it was merely an excuse to cover the fact that she wasn't hunting at all. She was always too busy caring for you, at home. Some part of you loved the care, but another part felt bad for holding Anna back from her usual routines. Your wound that used to be bad was now sealing and healing up safely, and therefore, she had no logical excuse to stay home with you.

Though, in truth, she just liked spending time home with you.