Susie x Julie (2)

~Susie's POV!~

It'd been a while since I last saw Julie, but we were going on a solitary heist tonight. Just her and I. The thought of that made me nervous. I wanted to impress her, I wanted to show her that I was worth that invitation. I wanted to show her that I was worth her. Wait, no, that sounds bad. Just. Ugh.

"I'll pick you up to go there." I scanned over those words nervously, doing breathing exercises to calm myself. It wouldn't be that hard, I've robbed this gas station before, but I usually don't work with people. This'll be way different.

~Julie's POV!~

I pulled into her driveway, and thankfully, nobody else was home so she wouldn't have to lie to her parents. "Get in, loser." I said jokingly, giggling. She giggled along with me, and when she got in the car, I saw the mask she held in her hand. I examined the pins and cheap fabric, and despite how it was made, something was admirable about it. It was homemade.

The drive wasn't long, but I figured I'd fill it. "Did you make that mask, love?" I asked gently, and Susie blushed softly, then nodded. "Er, yeah, why?" She asked nervously, and I smiled at her small cautious stutter. "It looks nice." I said sweetly, smiling to her and meeting her eyes for a moment. She blushed and looked away, giggling. "It's nothing, really..." She said gently. "Nah, I insist. It's lovely." I smiled softly, gently punching her shoulder. Susie blushed more and nodded. "Thank y-you..."

~Susie's POV!~

"So, did you have a plan?" I asked Julie softly, and she shook her head. "Did you expect one, Sue?" Julie said sarcastically, but it didn't seem mean, just lovingly joking. "I-I... I usually use one, eheh?" I said softly, a little nervous as my voice gave out. "Hey, look... It'll be okay." Julie said gently, and she leaned over to touch my masked face. I didn't feel the contact, but the warmth of her hand through the fabric was so soothing. I leaned into her momentarily, and nodded.

I was the one to pull away, after realizing she could feel the warmth of my cheek against my mask.

~Julie's POV!~

"Follow my lead, Sue. I've got you." I said comfortingly, nudging her as we walked in. She nodded in response, and paused for a moment before following me inside.

The shopkeeper immediately suspected something, especially since he'd seen Susie's mask before. He recognized her, and went to reach for the phone before the power in the building cut off. When the breaker reset and everything turned back on, the man felt a knife pressed against his throat. "The cash register." I growled against the back of his neck, and he nodded shakily, navigating there. But when he got there, he reached for a separate drawer and drew a gun.

~Susie's POV!~

I was busy picking up other supplies, and didn't hear the gun. But I sure as hell felt the bullet hit my side. I stumbled back into a shelf, and Julie snapped. "WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST DO?" She roared, and dragged the knife across his throat. She kicked him down, shoving him there to keep him there as she opened the register herself. He unlocked it, that was all she needed him for.

Once the register was open, Julie raced to my side frantically. "Hey, hey, hey, you okay?" She asked softly, sitting down next to me. "Wait here, I have bandage and alcohol in my car." Julie said softly, and I nodded.

When Julie came back, I took off my layers so she could better treat me. But I refused to take off my last layer, a baggy t-shirt. "Hon, I need to see it." She said softly, reaching to take off my shirt in panic. "N-No, stop! I'll do it..." I  squeaked, and grabbed the edge of my shirt, but only pulled it down. "Baby." Julie said gently, cupping my hand. "I won't look at anything else, I promise." She said softly, and I let her pull up my shirt. She took it off and set it with my other clothes.

~Julie's POV!~

Alright, I just have to remember that promise. I looked at her slightly, though. I didn't recognize anything for her to be insecure about, though. She was just a little chubby, and that was fine. That was cute. "H-Hurry up please..." Susie whined in complaint, trying to cover herself. "Ah, right, sorry..." I said gently, and grabbed the alcohol. I dabbed some of it to the wound, cleaning up the area. She whimpered in pain, and I softly hushed her, comforting her and cooing to her as I bandaged it up afterwards. I looked down at her for a bit afterwards, though. "You know you're beautiful, right?" I said gently, my hand still touching her waist. Susie looked like she was about to cry, then she shook her head softly.

~Susie's POV!~

She... Knows I'm insecure. "I... S-Stop lying. Don't lie." I stammered, shaking my head. "Sue... I'm not lying." Julie said gently. I felt a tear roll down my cheek, and quickly wiped it, grabbing my mask to put it back on. Julie grabbed my wrist and shook her head. "Please... Please don't." She said softly, and I obliged. I put the mask down, and sat up to her level. I grabbed my shirt and put it back on, then my other layers. Julie just sat there frowning, as if disappointed in herself. "Susie, I—" She went to say, then shook her head and went silent. "What?" I asked softly. "I don't want you to respond, but know that I told you nothing but the truth." Julie said softly, and reached out for my hand as she stood. "Now, let's go."

Despite our small complication before, I nodded and grabbed her hand so she pulled me up into her. I stumbled, in a lot of pain because of the gunshot. Julie grabbed my waist and held me tight against her, and I gasped.

~Julie's POV!~

Her body pressed against mine startled me, and I chuckled nervously. Our masks were bumped together, and our limbs were tangled so she wouldn't fall. Susie was speechless and nervous, I felt the heat through her mask. "T-This is just so I-I don't fall, right?" She squeaked, and I busted out laughing, but was secretly nervous. "P-Pfft, what??? Of course!!! Just so you don't... Fall." I chuckled nervously.

I put my hands on her waist to gently walk her out, and she leaned on me so she wouldn't hurt herself. I loved being this close to her, though, and I...
I never liked being touched.