Part 45 - Understanding

KHUSHI

This was the first ever time that I called Arnav and he dint receive my call, I knew he might be busy or something but it was really strange, no matter where he was or what he was doing he would always pick my calls.

I hoped he was doing well, I was kind of worried so instead of just staying at home and worrying about him, I decided to pay him a visit at the office.

Once I arrived there and talked to the receptionist, she told me he wasn't around so I tried to call him again but this time also he dint receive.

"Where are you Arnav?" I walked out of the office wondering what to do. If he wasn't at the office, where else could he be? Home maybe? Should I really go to his house given that his family dint like me?

Battling my thoughts I got into the car once again and instructed the driver to take me at his place, I wouldn't usually do things like this but Arnav really had me worried. I mean I get it, it was just a phone call that he hadn't received but all this while we had known each other, he hadn't missed even once call from me.

As soon as I arrived at his house, I stepped out of the car and headed inside, the first people I met were his Parents.

"You girl, where do you think you are going?" His father Mr. Ratan asked, I stopped running and looked at them, they really hated me dint they?

"I just came to see Arnav." I replied.

"Look at you girls nowadays, just go to the boys house to see him, no shame at all. In our days we weren't even allowed to see our groom until after marriage." Mohanna said.

"It's not my fault that you were born in that Era, maybe it is your fault you dint stand up for yourself." I replied.

"Where are you manners? Is this how you talk to elders? Shameless." Ratan added.

Not wanting to argue with his parents, I just decided to ignore them and head inside direct, I wouldn't get mad easily but honestly speaking his parents were too narrow minded which always got me angry easily, no wonder Arnav had so much issues with them.

They kept on cussing me as I walked away but I dint bother, I just headed upstairs straight to Arnav's room hoping to find him there.

I pushed the door open and found him seated on the bed and Ishani was seated beside him, they both seemed to be having a serious conversation.

"Arnav." I said, he looked at me and stood up immediately.

"I can explain Khushi, I am sorry, I shouldn't have.... I know you are mad but please try to understand me, I dint do it on purpose, I just couldn't control myself. I don't know what's wrong with me." He said as I looked at him in confusion, what was he talking about?

"What are you apologizing for Arnav, what happened?" I asked as I walked closer to him as Ishani stood up from the bed and headed towards the door.

"I'll leave you both alone, Arnav please take my advice and tell her the truth." Ishani said as she walked away, what truth was she talking about? What did Arnav do? Did he cheat on me? That's all I could think of and it was scary as hell, but why would he cheat on me? No I trusted him enough to know he would never cheat on me, then what had happened?

"Please sit down, I'll explain."

"I am worried Arnav, first you weren't picking my call and now you are here and everything is sounding so fishy, what happened?" I asked.

"I did something terrible Khushi." He looked at me sadly.

"What did you do Arnav, say it already I can't take the suspense anymore."

"I went to visit Aditya and I kind of threatened him. I am sorry that wasn't my intention but I don't know how my anger overpowered me. You know me right, you know I would never have any problem with you working with him, but I don't know what was wrong with me.

I know I shouldn't have threatened him but I did, and there's no excuse for that, it was plain wrong and I promise next time I'll try to control my anger. I am sorry baby, I really am. It's just that I love you so much I'm scared as hell to lose you." he cupped my face and looked me into the eyes.

I inhaled a deep sigh of relief, here I was stupidly thinking that he had cheated on me.

"Calm down Arnav, why were you so worried? It's not like I don't know you. It happens sometimes to every one of us, maybe you were just jealous, but at least you know what you did was wrong right? That's all that matters, that you know you were wrong and you weren't ashamed to accept it.

This is the Arnav that I love, the one that doesn't hide a thing from me, the one that loves me so deeply to be jealous yet to understand what I need and what I don't." I smiled as I cupped his face, this guy made me fall deeper and deeper in love with him every day.

"So you aren't mad at me for threatening Aditya?" he asked.

"No, of course not. Although I know it wasn't the right thing to do, at least you dint hide it from me, so I'm glad you told me, now if you want to make me happy, there's one thing you'll need to do though." I said.

"And what is that?"

"Apologize to Aditya. Look Arnav, I know he was my ex-boyfriend and maybe the idea of me working with him might have made you jealous and you have all the right to be jealous, just not to threaten him, he had nothing to do with this right, it was my choice to work with him, if you should be angry or anything it should be on me, not anyone else." I said to him, I hoped he was going to understand me, well why was I even questioning it, he was Arnav, he was always going to understand me.

"You are right, I will apologize to him." He nodded.

"Thank you." I smiled as I pulled him into a tight hug. He kept on holding on to me for a long time and I just let him, I knew he needed this to feel better, I knew how much he was regretting threatening Adi, if there was anything I had known about Arnav was that he wouldn't do anything wrong, not to me at least.

*****

"Thanks for coming by, I was really scared that you were going to be mad." Arnav said.

"It's okay Arnav, I'm always going to understand, just like you understand me." I smiled.

"No wonder I love you so much." He smirked.

"Really? Huh. How much though?" I joked.

"This much." He held out both his hands really wide open and then the next instance he grabbed me and put me on his bed, he jumped on top of me and leaned closer to my mouth.

"I'm so lucky to have you." He said as he claimed for my lips immediately, the way he kissed me today, was beautiful, of course it was always beautiful but today it was different, it had a sense of passion, love and possession, it felt great though.

One moment he was kissing me, the next moment he was already undressing me, why did this guy always have desires to make love to me when we were at his place? It was weird knowing his family was out there judging me.

"Umm... can we go to my place?" I asked in between the kiss.

"Why?"

"It's just kind of weird with your family out there. You know they don't like me and now if we start spending a lot of time in your room, they'll hate me more." I giggled.

"Okay, anything for my lady's comfort." He smirked as he helped me get dressed again, once we both were ready to leave, he grabbed my hand and pulled me outside. We passed by the hall where his parents were seated, they looked at us and then our held hands like it was a crime. Arnav just ignored them as we headed straight to his car and drove back home while my driver followed us with my car.