Meeting at the Scavinger Den

Tsunami

"Leaving now mom!" I called. 

"Tsunami, where are you going and who will be there?" Mom asked seriously. 

"Coral she's 16 its fine if she goes out with friends" My dad said. Coral (my mom) gave him a look.

"Gill, she is still my baby and my oldest daughter I will be protective," Mom said.

"Dad, its fine," I said before there was a thing. "Mom I'm going with Clay, Starflight, Glory, and Sunny to the Scavenger Den," I told her. My mom eyed me but she couldn't tell me to stay home because she helped all of us become friends. 

"You can go," my Mom said. 

"Then can I go to a party?" my younger sister Anenemy said. She and her twin brother Turtle are in 8th grade at Jade Mountain Acadamy. It is only a block from Jade High School. 

"No, you're just lucky you can walk to school alone," my mom said. I walked quickly out the door before my mom stopped me. The Scavenger Den was a diner in a neighborhood that was ten blocks away. It was a 20 minute walk. But I passed my driver's test I had to retake the other day but my mom had baught me a motorcycle yesterday for my birthday. I turned it on and drove off it was only a 10 minute drive to the Scavenger Den. When I got there Sunny was there but that made sense since she lived up the stairs in the back. 

"Hay Thorn" I called back to her. She was the owner of the dinner and the dean of Jade High School. 

"Hows it going Tsunami?" She called back. "still trying to get with Rip..."

"What are you taking about" I said, My eyes shifted back and forth and I felt my cheeks grow hot. Riptide was the boy I had a huge crush on. He was in yearbook and kind of dorky but I thaught he was incredebly cute.

"Come over and sit down" called Sunny.