Chapter 5: Convincing You Or Myself

< what destructive stars
gave birth to you and I ? >

- Storydj.

Nickolas's PoV:

It was 5 pm. and I needed to pick Aria up from her house to our dinner rehearsal party.

I was dressed in a black Armani suit I picked out a few days ago.

I got into my car and drove to her place. not lying, feeling a bit ecstatic and nervous to meet her for the first time.

Andrè, my friend, showed me a few photos of her at some business parties, and I have to admit she was gorgeous.

As I parked up, I got out of the car and strode to her front door.
I knocked a few times over, before someone actually bothered opening it.

And holy shit, I was captivated by those green emerald eyes the moment I laid my gaze upon her.
She had on a cream dress that complimented her skin very well and showed some cleavage and had two thigh-high slits. Too much for my self control to handle.

Her face features were sharp and edgy.
I gulped and broke the staring competition we were having unknowingly trying to figure each other out.

A few moments pass and my voice came out "you look breathtaking " I stated a fact and a blush creeps its way up towards her cheeks

She clears her throat and responds "thanks, you clean up well yourself "

Then, we decide that it would be best to leave, not liking the idea of arriving late to our own dinner rehearsal party.

We reach the car and I open the passenger seat door for her and she slips inside.

The silence that cascaded down between us was awkward to say the least. The tension seemed thicker than what a knife can cut.

When we finally reach the venue, I get out of the driver's seat and open her door.

When we are a few steps away from the door I interlock our fingers together and she lets out an audible gasp at the contact of our hands together.

"For the guests to believe " I answer her unasked question and she nods understandably.
Of course, for the sake of our guests.

I don't know if I was convincing her or myself with that.

And then, with our interlocked hands, we make our way inside.

•••

I love them so much *sobbing*

This is just the beginning ..
Real shit is about to happen in a few chapters..

If you liked this chapter, vote and comment ❣️