Chapter 26: Agitated

< I can only take you in small doses, loving you it's explosive >

-Bebe Rexha.

Nickolas's PoV:

It's 6 p.m and we soon need to head over to wherever the venue for this party is taking place.

It's a Sunday for god's sake, who even throws work related parties on a Sunday?

After visiting Aria's mom's grave in the morning, we drove back home and spent the entire afternoon watching rom-coms on Netflix to try and lift up the mood.

Numerous times, I told her it's fine if we skip this stupid party, and stay home snuggled up on the sofa.
As much she liked the sound of that she said something along the lines of 'I'm fine, and plus we really should go' so I decided not to fight her feisty cute self on it.

I already got dressed up in a black suit, business as usual, and I'm currently ascending the stairs to our room urging her to speed up a bit so we don't run late.

I knock once lightly on the wooden door and grab the handle opening the door.

And holy hell, she looks absolutely captivating in her off the shoulder red dress, my breath got caught in my throat for a minute.
Her back is turned to me, as she is facing the mirror.

My eyes take freedom in roaming around her figure in the tight fabric that's accentuating all her promiscuous curves

Her eyes travel up in the mirror, meeting mine through the reflection, and a smirk graces her luscious plump lips.

Damn, she knows exactly what she's doing to me.

My legs start walking on their own accord, and before I know it, I'm standing behind her.
Her back pressed to my front, as my hands squeeze her waist, fingers caressing the soft material.

My lips instantly are drawn to the skin she's showing, and I start biting on her neck all the way down to her shoulder, leaving a trail of wet kisses behind.

She intakes a deep breath, trying not to moan "Nickolas, we're going to be late " she whispers, though she doesn't necessarily make any move to distance herself.

"I don't care " I simply state, she chuckles and turns around crushing her lips into mine for a sweet kiss, before she pulls away sooner than my liking and grabs my hand tugging me towards the door.

Now, I'm really agitated with this stupid party.

Needless to say, all my tempting attempts to try and change her mind about attending tonight's occasion, failed in their mission, as to we're now in the car, on our way there.

Our hands are interlocked over the console, and it stays so the whole ride- not that I'm complaining.

I get this frizzy feeling inside whenever she's near me.
And I swear to god, explosions happen internally at our passionate kisses.

Besides, the overwhelming sense of security whenever we hold hands, it's like a reassurance that everything's alright.

And I wouldn't ask for anything more in life, knowing I already got a lot more than I deserve.
But it doesn't stop me from trying better and better everyday to be worthy of her love.

Love.

L-O-V-E.

I used to ask myself, what is love?

Now, I think it's suffice to say, I kind of got the answer figured out.

As the car comes to a halt, I unfasten the seatbelt, then exit my seat, and go around opening her door.

This, brings back a sense of deja vu, because once, a few months ago, we were newly wedded.
We attended this annual party, and then I remember something about a girl coming up to me.

I recall the first time she kissed me.
Twice.

It was at that party, in front of the wandering eyes of all the attendants.

I remember feeling confused as hell about what was going on and how it felt, I thought she was crazy for kissing me senseless just because she got jealous, or as she preferred to say 'territorial'.

Back then, we were cold to each other, I guess just new to this whole situation. It was normal to have doubts and precautions.

So much has changed over the course of several months, all for the good.
I hope.

As if she can read my mind, she takes my hands in hers, locking them in a tight hold with a lighthearted smile shining through.

•••

After fulfilling our job duties by attending the occasion, plus a handful of drinks here and there, we successfully made it back to the house.

Well, I've only had a sip of red wine to drink. On the other hand, she had quite some glasses and refills of Hennessy.
She said she liked her drinks like her men. Strong.

I remember laughing to death at her cute little ramblings in the car on our way back.

Now, I'm carrying her upstairs towards the bedroom after this eventful day.

I lay her on the bed, still in her dress and heels. I stand by the edge of the bed, taking off these painstaking shoes.

Then, I grab some shorts and a baggy shirt to change her, after I change into a shirt and sweatpants.

Hardly, but successfully getting her out of the tight dress, and instead into the comfortable clothes, I stare at her sleepy figure.

All that's left is makeup.
I've learnt from my sister, to never let a tired girl sleep with her makeup on. Says it's worst than Game of Thrones' last season.

Hence, here I am, in the bathroom searching for the makeup wipes? Is that what they're called? I guess..

As soon as I find them, trodding to the sleeping beauty on the bed, I gently wipe her face with the wet wipes.

Her green irises flutter open heavily at the touch of the coldness to her face "What are you doing?" She asks barely audible.

I take my hyper-focused eyes from the spot I'm wiping, to look into her ever beautiful eyes.

"Nothing babe, I'm just taking your makeup off. Go back to sleep " I tell her, and then presume to kiss her forehead.

A few moments pass, then a heartfelt grin lights up her -now- makeup free face and she drunkly raises her arms, gesturing for me to come closer.

I climb on the bed, positioning myself onto her, just not completely crushing her slim figure with my weight.

"Oh my god, I can't believe how much I love you " she slurs and I freeze.

•••

A/N:

That's not fair, I want someone to love me as well..
*insert crying face emoji *

The story is coming to an end soon..

Please vote and comment ❣️