Chapter 7

Heather

After she'd put the final pieces on her costume, Heather had traveled over to the boy's side of third floor Milnes-Chinnock. She'd adjusted the straps of her dress, double checked her intricate Dothraki braid was still intact, and the three small stuffed dragons were still attached to her with duct tape.

She'd knocked on the door of Jared's room, and waited for him to answer. Matt had come out of his room a few doors down the hallway, and his whole face had lit up when he'd taken in her costume.

Matt whistled appreciatively. "Daenerys Targaryen, very nice." 

Heather had struck a small pose in response. She eyed his costume too and laughed. "Dude, I think you're costume beats us all!"

Matt blushed and looked down at the floor, humble as ever.

Jared's door opened to reveal him alone in his room, and he'd chosen to go as a "sexy nerd' with cheap dollar store glasses with the glass popped out, a short sleeve plaid patterned shirt completely unbuttoned to show off his abs, a pocket protector, and he'd even worn tan shorts and high socks. His eyes traveled up and down Heather's costume.

"Damn girl, by my calculations, you've got the sexiest costume," Jared said. "Step into my office, and we can do some long division together."

"That's queen to you, poindexter, and that better be a ruler in your pants." Heather smoothly glided past him into his room. "Make that the pocket-sized version."

Matt cracked up as he'd followed her inside, and almost jumped when Jared had patted him on the back. They'd both sat down on his large futon while Jared had turned on some David Guetta to his speakers and had his Scentsy spreading the sweet aroma of apple-cinnamon through the air.

Heather took a big whiff and sighed with pleasure. "God, I love that smell. Great choice, Jared."

"Thank you," Jared nodded. "I like to have the room organized and smell good whenever I have company over, especially when said company is of the female variety. No offense, Matt, I love you too."

"None taken, but where's Brayden?" Matt asked as Heather had adjusted her skirt so the slit running up her side hadn't revealed too much.

"Brayden went to Madison this weekend to visit the girlfriend," Jared replied. "So, as you can see, the place is entirely mine for the weekend."

Jared had returned to his desk chair, and absentmindedly scratched his stomach as he'd checked his phone, and Heather noticed how Matt had snuck a few glances whenever Jared hadn't been paying attention.

"Oh perfect, maybe you'll bring home a hot cheerleader to tutor later," Heather winked.

"Or a sexy ringleader."

Everyone turned to Ali, who'd posed in the doorway and stuck her fishnet stockinged leg out like Mrs. Robinson from "The Graduate." She'd dressed up as a sexy version of a circus ringleader, with a red sequined military jacket that she left unbuttoned to show off her cleavage and pierced navel, and rocked some black booty shorts with black faux-leather knee high boots and stockings. Heather thought she'd pulled the look off better than Britney Spears.

Jared straightened up in his chair. "Please tell me you have a whip with that."

Ali winked as she'd reached behind her, and had in fact had one that she'd had stuffed into the back of her shorts. She'd tipped her top hat as she'd strolled in.

"Well, mark me down as scared and horny," Heather quoted, not even jealous over Ali winning 'sexiest costume' according to Jared, the nerdy horndog.