Chapter 13

Madison

Over in the Johnson Fieldhouse that afternoon, the Track team had been getting heavy into their training regime. Madison had been ecstatic that she'd made it onto the team after the weeks of try-outs, and had quickly felt at home amongst the other student-athletes. Besides the senior male captain who was kind of a douche, she absolutely loved being there every day.

No surprise, Jared Mikaelson had made the team too, and had already buddied up with that said captain, who's name was Joey. Him and some of the other upperclassmen guys had decided to sport mustaches for some godforsaken reason; it was like they'd purposely wanted to make girls unattracted to them, which was a shame because a lot of them were pretty hot...

Track practice that day had been brutal and before she'd been able to admit it to anyone, Madison needed a break.

Damn, she was out of shape...

A girl she'd befriended, Stephanie, patted her on the back and told her she was going to the bathroom really quick and that they could get back to their drills afterwards.

Take your time... Madison huffed for air.

She stretched her hamstrings when an expensive pair of Nike shoes stopped right in front of her. She stood up straight and saw that it was Jared, and he'd had on that smarmy, shit-eating grin he flashed around to anything in a mini skirt.

"Whaddup Parker, how you doin'?"

"I'm great, thanks for asking," she replied. He studied her while he still had that smirk, ad she thought to herself: Why was he looking at her like that? Like he knew a secret of hers, or that he had major dirt on her about something. She'd raised a perfectly arched brow. "Can I help you?"

"Oh no, I'm good, it's just that I guess that you haven't seen it yet."

Madison smiled patronizingly at him. "And what haven't I seen yet?"

"Have you seen the latest tweets from 'Stout Pass-outs' yet?"

She snorted. "I hardly bother to go on there unless I need a good laugh, so what does it have to do with me?"

"Well, let me show you one of their latest videos they posted, I have a feeling you really need to see it," he replied as he'd reached into his pocket to grab his phone. She turned to look over his shoulder as he'd opened Twitter. He scrolled down past a few photos and stopped at a video of a girl grinding on a stripper pole, then grabbed a guy and attacked his face.

Madison's stomach dropped.

Oh. My. Fucking. God...

It was her; she was that girl in the video. It was of her at the frat house all over Darren, and anyone, including her friends and family back home in Beverly, could see it and easily recognize her.

How the hell have I not received any notifications for this?! Madison panicked as she opened her phone. Did the videos also get posted on Facebook? I hope not...

Jared must've noticed her panic attack, so he'd wrapped an arm around her. "Hey listen, it's not a big deal. They don't tag anyone in the posts; they even delete comments or retweets if anyone does, so it's not like it'll pop up under your name."

She glared up at him, damned his charming smile.

"Thanks, that's so reassuring," she sarcastically responded. "But it's on the internet forever, and it always comes back to bite you in the ass."

Jared sighed. "You're right, and I'm sure if you message them, they'll delete it."

"They fucking better."