Chapter 15

Heather

Thanksgiving break was over way too quickly. Before she'd really been able to enjoy her time at home while she'd visited her family, Heather was being driven back to Stout with Ryan.

Ever since their talk, Ryan had been treating her differently: she felt like they'd become strangers. A strange tension had grown between them, but whenever she'd tried to talk to him, he'd just shrugged it off and pretended to not know what she was talking about.

Whatever...This coming from a man who was seriously considering marriage in the near future, and that's how he decides to act? Yeah, okay, that made total sense...real mature.

Ryan had driven her back to school, and found a spot to park and helped carry her bag up to her room. He at least had the decency to give her a hug and kiss on the cheek as he'd said goodbye, but she'd hated how crushed she'd been when his only reply was "Yeah, sure...love you too."

Asshole...

Heather decided to distract herself. She'd recruited Matt, Eden, Jenna, Zach, Ali and Alex to help her get back at Peter for his stupid prank. Matt had gone over to the commons with Peter and Tony, and he'd made sure to message her when they were gone so that Eden and her could enact "Operation: Gift-Wrap." They were going to Saran-wrap every inch of Peter's side of his room.

"You have got to make sure Matt records his reaction to this," Ali had chuckled as she'd heavily wrapped all of his pillows. "This shit is hilarious!"

"Wrap his blanket too, I'll get his shoes," Alex ordered.

Matt had sent Heather a message:

Were on our way! Hurry!

Okay!! Make sure to record a video of his reaction!

Heather informed everyone, and luckily they were pretty much done. Everything from his desk to his bed spread, from his dresser to his underwear—Eden had insisted—was entirely encased in saran-wrap. Peter would be dealing with it for a long time. As a finishing touch, just to make sure her point came across, Heather made a snap decision and quickly took his roll of duct tape and covered his stash of condoms, each and every single one of them individually.

"This is better than when Fred and George flew in during those OWL exams in the Order of the Phoenix!" Jenna giggled as they'd all snuck out. They'd gotten away just as Heather swore she'd heard the door open and Peter's distinct laugh was heard echoing through the stairwell.

Luke

Surprisingly, Rob was still around when everyone had returned to UW-Stout that following Sunday. He'd been smart enough to not have left anything incriminating in the room when the police were called, so without any solid evidence against him, all they could do was give him a warning.

Luke got to come back to UW-Stout by walking in on him having sex with his girlfriend.

Later that night at about eight, The RA's threw the floor a party organized in their lounge as a welcome back. The tables had been pulled against the wall, and were filled with snacks and drinks, while decorative tinsel was strung throughout, and Christmas music was being played over someone's blu-tooth speaker.

Luke saw Heather amongst the small crowd. She'd worn a navy-blue sweater with the pattern of the two reindeer having sex, and she was off in a corner talking to Jenna and Eden. She smiled and waved when she caught him staring, so he'd walked over to join them.