Right Now

Five years, five years ago I moved to the house by the forest and became queen. I was only twelve then, now at seventeen I've never thought being a queen would be so hard. My friends and family still stay with me. Jovan has moved out, but still regularly visits. Sandie and Ronda have gotten driving permits and work at the local store. Frankie and Albert have gotten more mature and have definitely gotten a place in my kingdom. Modesty, she's a local Fletcher in my forest kingdom, she's also helps the Baker. I made it known to the whole town about my reign, lots didn't believe me until I showed them, showed them what it was like. People were scared of what they had seen, some even leaving town. But monsters and humans here are living side by side. I'm also good friends with the mayor, though I feel he's kind of rude. I have also United many of the kingdoms outside of the forest realm together in what is known as The United Realms And Kingdoms Of Golas. Or URKOG for short. It's been many years since the people of the realm have seen such peace, I'm known as the queen of peace. I'm only doing what's best for the people, what's best for everyone including humans. Oh! Morris has been officially set to stay and guard our kingdom of evil, sent by God! I was a little shocked at first but once he explained it, it made more sense.

Charlie has also become my loyal right hand man, he's a loyal knight and serves only me. I just say he's my best friend but in logical terms, he's just my loyal subject. I also can't do much, I'm always cooped up in the palace. Yeah, turns out there was a village and castle just waiting for me, apparently. I cleaned up stuff and helped heal many corrupted monsters in the village, that was a task. A lot has changed, I'm more girly now! I have long hair! I was told to be a proper queen of the forest realm I had to have long hair? Which made no sense. But I like it, it makes me look more sophisticated.

"Eh that'll do. " I take my pen and set it down, grabbing my journal and closing it. I stand up, my nightgown was pretty much stuck to me as I stood. I walk over to the window, humming a song I heard. "It's lovely tonight. " I turn around, seeing modesty standing there, smiling and leaning on the door frame. "Yes it is. " I smile and walk over, she grabs my hands and I look at her.  Her brown eyes were so pretty, I was glad I had her with me. She pulls from me as she walks in, her whole nature was so inviting and enjoyable. Together we walked to the window, sitting on the ledge she looks at me. "So what's on your agenda tomorrow? " I shrug, looking back at her. "I'm not to sure, I know I've got to meet with my generals tomorrow. " She nods, understanding. "What about you? What do you have planned tomorrow? " She also shrugs. "I do have a order of a bow and arrows come in, people here love my work for some reason. " I giggle, she joins in. "I know people love you. " I look at her. "I don't know why. " She smiles, poking my bare foot with her own. "Because your sweet, kind and loving. " I shake my head, but I sit up to face her properly. "I'm not all that, I do what's right for the people. " She places a hand on me, smiling. "I know you do, you did that for me. " I nod. "I forgot to ask, your mom. How's she doing? " She sighs, her hand slipping off. "She's doing, she's kind of getting better with her eyesight. She can feel your presence it seems. I never asked her truly how she's doing. " I nod. She stands up, pulling me with her. She drags me to the bed, dropping down with her she turns to look at me, we laid there face to face. "Got any boys you like? " I shake my head her eyes widen. "Any girls? " I felt my face warm up I quickly shook my head, pushing myself up and away from her face. "Nope! Nope! No girls! " She laughs and she practically tackles me. "Come on! You can tell me who it is! " She pulls me up and we're face to face again. "Nope! Goodnight! " I pushed her up off the bed then climb after her to push her out of the room, closing the door. I walk back, trying to calm down and I sit down on the bed, staring at the door. I like modesty, I realized this two years after I swore to help her and protect her. When I first looked at it, she was definitely the one I crushed on till today. She was there for me no matter what, the feeling was mutual. The door knob turns, it was modesty. "Fuck! I forgot to lock the door. " She laughs. She comes up and sits beside me, turning her head to face me slightly. She grabs my hand, holding it I face away from her. "Come on tell me, I'm your friend. " I sigh, taking my finger I poke her cheek. "You only do that when-"
She stops, she grabs my other hand and pulls me to face her fully. "Me?! " I look at her, gently nodding. She pulls me into a hug, "I've felt the same! " I laugh. She pulls me and we lay next to each other. "Wanna hang tomorrow? " She faces me, I look at her too. "Sure, after I know I'm free. " She smiles.

A few moments passed and we fall asleep. I was happy, I had something off my chest, but it felt rushed. Was it? I'm probably over reacting about this, oh well.