Lost Empire, Here We Come

The word was out that the king was dead and was slain at the hand of me, Queen Nettie of The Forest Realm. No one seemed to look at me differently, the people of the kingdom think of me as a heroine. I walked down the streets with queen Ekua, just the two of us. "What you did saved my kingdom but what are we going to do with the empire's forces charging towards us? " I sigh, glancing at her every so often. "We could fight the war, but little me inside tells me to talk and not fight. But chatting with the enemy is no longer an option. " She nods. "I'll call for more of my troops, I'll make it known we're at war with the lost empire and make your kingdom known. " She shakes her head. "We have plenty of troops, some who were stronger than kings but just hidden from view since we were forced into labor and treated harshly due to the empire. " I nod. "But I shall fight by your side and at the end of this, I will make your kingdom known once more. " She sighs but smiles. "That would be nice to have tourists coming around again and since the king is gone I can finally bring this once beautiful place into it's former glory. " I nod. "What was this place even once called? " She smiles. "The Kingdom of White Magic. " My eyes widen at the name. "You mean the kingdom filled with creatures and magic?! " She nods. Her hand gently touches a withered leaf. "But the magic and wonder was slowly drained from this place and the once amazing and unique kingdom just turned into another lost empire copy. " I nod. "I can help you bring this place back to life, I can have healers, including myself from other kingdoms bless your land. " She smiles brightly. "Amazing! I'd love that, we'd be forever in your debt. " I giggle. "It's only the right thing to do as your ally and friend. " Her once clownish face smiled brightly, the emotions were finally back on her face and her makeup wasn't even awful. Her face seemed less forced and emotionless, she seemed much happier. It was just then I realized her once deep black hair was fading white. "Ekua what's going on with your hair? " She looks to me as we go down a path into the wood. "Magic and power is coming back to me. A queen must fit her kingdom! " I nod. "Anyways, where are we going? " She smiles. "The lake of water nymphs. " I nod. "Sounds interesting. " Finally we make it to the lake and it was empty, not a single form of life in sight. "Oh dear. I guess I was too late. " She sighs but calls out, nothing replies. "Here let me try. " She looks at me as I place my hand on the bank, the soil was cold and dark. My hand glows and poors life into the dirt and water, I was healing the broken land. The dark and lifeless water soon glows with color and the life in the water was coming back. "It's working! " She smiles as nymphs of all sizes arrive above water, they all looked as if they just woken up. "Queen Ekua! " One nymph in particular runs up to Ekua, she seemed happy to see her. The nymph had long brown hair, it flew through the air as she ran. Her eyes were a gorgeous blue shade, her skin was seemingly perfect. She was beautiful, guess that's the nymph thing.

"Queen Nettie! You've done it! " Ekua looks back at me after she finished hugging the nymph. "Queen who? " The nymph looked at me, her eyes scanned me. "I'm Queen Nettie, Queen of The Gorest Kingdom. " The woman's eyes widen. "I didn't know that Keegan guy had such a young looking wife! " I choke from her words and cover my mouth. "Was it something I said? " I pull my hand from my mouth, shaking it to assure everyone I was fine. "You've got it all wrong, king Keegan is no more and I'm just the next person in line to sit on the throne and no, we're not related. " The nymphs all sounded confused. "So, you're just the queen now. " I nod. "Yes, I've been queen since I was twelve. " The nymph nods. "Whatever happened to Keegan? I hear he was awful, did his subjects finally off him. " I shake my hand in a eh manner. "Kinda like that, he was eaten alive. I was forced to watch it. " The woman nodded. "Gruesome, eh he was an asshole anyways. " I laugh at her words, others joined in. "Indeed he was, I didn't know him for long and I knew he was awful. " The nymph smiles. "Anyways, what's your name nymph? " The nymph shrugs. "Don't really know, never given a proper name. " I nod. "Well then can I call you something? " She nods. "I'm gonna call you Nuala. " She smiles. "I like it! " She laughs as me and Ekua smile. "Well girls and boys, we better get going. " Ekua grabs my shoulder and we begin to walk back to town but I feel a hand grab my wrist. I turn, Ekua doing the same and who was holding me was Nuala. "Can I come along? " Ekua doesn't let me even reply. "Absolutely not, it's not safe for you. " She was about to turn me and her around to leave when I stopped her. "Come on Ekua, let's take her with us, we could use an extra hand. " She sighs. "Alright, come on. We must head out. " Nuala jumps in excitement and we all leave. "Do you want a pretty dress Nuala? " I turn to her as we make it into town. She looked down at her semi wet dress she was wearing. "Sure! " I smile with her. "Come on Ekua, let's go get her a dress! " Ekua nods. We all quickly head to a dress tailor and look around, trying to find a dress that fits Nuala. "No ball gowns, they make me feel to royal. " We nod and finally we found her a beautiful A-line dress with a split in it, showing her leg a little. She also got beautiful shoes that fit the blue of the dress. We braid her hair into a ditch braid and you'd never even guess she was a water nymph. Once we head back out onto the town we all sigh. "So what's been going on? I was in a deep sleep once the empire took our kingdom. " Ekua sighs. "We finally broke free but that blasted empire had one of their representatives marry me. " She nods. "King Nikolaj, he was my husband. " Nuala looked confused. "Was? " I clear my throat. "I killed him to help this kingdom, soon we'll be fully at war with the empire. " Nuala sighed. "Again at war? Well at least we'll have a strong kingdom to help us win. " Ekua nods. "I agreed to help defeat the empire, after we win we shall rebuild this kingdom and others to their former glory and put you all back on the map. " Nuala smiles. "I'm glad you'd do that for us. " Ekua joins in with her. "Yes because we need all the help we can get. " I smile.

"Lost empire, here we come! " We throw our fists up. "We will win this war, for the kingdoms! "