All Hail The Queens Of The Forest

It was weeks later when we finally married. It was a fabulous wedding I spent a whole week planning. I made sure it fit both me and Modesty's needs. She also got to wear a suit which she very much enjoyed. My dress was a pass down from my mother and I'm sure she loved seeing me in it. Modesty and I were happy and that's all that matters.

When I saw Nettie come down that aisle in that dress, I was happier than hell she decided to marry me. For the longest time, even as kids I loved her. Since the day she started hanging out with me is when I fell harder than a fallen angel. She was always that boyish girl I love, now that she is queen I thought I'd never see the strong and courageous side of her anymore but God I'm glad I was wrong. She proved me wrong by being herself, even in a dress with a crown. Nettie was there for me whenever I needed her to be, she'd best the living hell outta Ron whenever he was near me once we got older. It was fun to see the love of my life protect me, that's why I sworn to protect her. She is beautiful and I'm happier than a lucky man to have her by my side. I have no idea how the hell we'll rule this vast kingdom together but I'm sure we'll manage. All I need now is for her to just be herself.

I was practically running to her, modesty was clearly happy to see me. I was already going to cry, I could feel the tears working up. I finally held her hands and the ceremony went on for a few moments and then finally we said our vows and sworn our names. Finally it was over and the best part was ready, we kissed. I was now officially married to her and God I never wanted to let go. We looked at each other, eye to eye and we both began to cry as we turned to walk back down the aisle, now as wonderfully wedded wives. Together, hand in hand I walk down with my best friend and now my wife. She was now the queen by my side, thank god in this realm we were able to marry without any complications or complaints.

The next moment we were chatting and eating cake and drinking wine. I've been to a few weddings in my Royal time but never would you think that a Royal wedding would become an absolute show down as we ate Modesty's favorite thing, BBQ Rabbit and Chicken. We stuffed each other's faces, we definitely got dirty. "Come on, eat it up! " Modesty laughed as she shoved another sloppy dirty hand of BBQ onto my face. I laughed so hard I didn't know what to even respond with. I shoved cake into her face and the colorful light blue frosting was all over her face as we laughed harder and harder. Other kings and queens might've looked at us funny but we didn't care, we were happy. After we finished we were huge messes, we were rushed to quickly clean up and change. Taylor was struggling to wipe everything off my face, but gosh I didn't care. "Taylor, there is no need to rush your way to clean me. Take your time. " She nods as she slows down, looking at modesty who was already clean and dressed. "It seems you got me good dear. " Modesty laughs. "Hell yeah I did, I couldn't imagine how Taylor is doing rather well cleaning you up. " I laugh but look at Taylor struggling. "Taylor dear you can wait outside, I can finish myself up and get changed. " She nodded and rushed off, leaving me and modesty alone. "Not gonna lie, you look good like that. " I looked up from my arm and looked at her, knowing she meant the fact I was topless. "I don't wanna hear it, I bet you only did that so you could see me like this. " She nods. "Yup." I choke a little but I continue cleaning myself up. "This was supposed to be a Royal wedding but you wanna know what modesty, I couldn't ask for a better wedding or wife. " I stood up once I finished and she walked in, wrapping her arms around my shoulders. "Oh really? " I smirked at her. "Yup." I locked our lips before she could say anything else and it was amazing. We were in there for at least ten minutes before I pulled from her, finished dressing myself and we hurried out the door. "That was fun. " I laugh at her as Taylor takes us back down to the party. "Indeed it was, maybe we should have more fun tonight. " I glance at her, she was biting her lip a little. "Of course. " I look away from her, a little heated.

"So, wanna dance? " She asked as we made it back into the room. I nod in response and she grabs my arm and twists me around. We join the main dance that had just started and we went around and around. We looked at one another and smiled, we were content. "If We were to do this every night Nettie. I wouldn't care. " I nod. "Then we can, whenever we have free time we shall dance and enjoy ourselves. " She smiles. "Sounds amazing. " She giggles at me as we continue the dance. People were taking pictures and drinking. This was a celebration not just for us but for my people. This was a rare occurrence since many kingdoms stick with the traditional man and woman weddings. I've read of a few other types of weddings and I'm glad my kingdom was very supportive. Around and around we went, it was like I had dreamed. Finally the dance ended and we sat down, looking at one another with bright smiles.

"All hail us. " She laughed. "I love you. " I smiled back. "I love you too. "