Family Discussion

That night we all sat at the table, all in chairs from queen to youngest child. I look down at my table of family, preparing for the conversation I'm going to discuss with my family. The dinner is gently placed on to the table, steam and wiffs of the scent of well cooked food flood over all of us. Finally all is finished, we fold our hands and pray. Dear Lord, we thank you for the wonderful food we have tonight. We thank you for your blessings and nurture of us all. We thank you for blessing us with liberty and freedom in this court. Thank you, amen.

We all begin to eat and after a few moments, I clear my throat for the attention of all mini conversations to be at me. "My dear family, there is news you must all be hearing. " The eyes of each of them fall on to me. "In the next few days me and my needed men and women will be readying to head off to another kingdom. " I pause for a moment then continue. "It's a lost empire we must demolish, I was asked by an independent kingdom from said empire to demolish it's grasp and stop it from destroying lives of many. " I take a bite of food and then continued. "Me, Jovan, Kaisa and my friends and a few men will set off around Thursday morning. I'm asking you, mother, father to watch over the kingdom while we're away. " I take a breath and look at them. "We will watch the kingdom for you, we also wish you with luck and strength. " I nod the conversation off and we begin to eat again, the small side conversations go back into motion. We eat for a good while then afterwards we all go off to do stuff we want. I walk to the front doors, wanting to go out to see the stars. I slip out and sit on the stairs, where I was in the view of a few guards.

"You look lonely, mind if I join you? " I jump at the voice, it was Reece's. "I don't mind but how are you? " She laughs. "Making yourself go missing is fun but sucks when no one recognizes you. " I sigh. "I have spent days trying go find that planchette! " She was holding it when  I said that. "Sorry about that, I felt finally free when you let me out all those years ago that I couldn't help but want to explore. It sucks that I can't leave the forest realm and other kingdoms. I would love to explore the world where you lived, but I can't hold a physical form there. " I sigh. "Reece, if you had just asked me I could've helped you become free. " Her head tilts. "Give me the planchette. " She does just that. I move it just right and I place it down, taking one of my arrows I slam the arrow into it, breaking it into pieces. "What're! " I stop her, looking at her I smile as I use my power to heal her. "What did you do? " I smile. "You're free now, let me fly you to the human realm and test this out. " She stumbles for words as my wings spring out of my back and I grab her, taking off into the sky. My wings have gotten larger, much larger. We glide through the air as we make it to the entrance to the forest realm and the exit to the human world. I land just before we go through it and we stand there. "Walk through that opening Reece. " She looks at me and I urge her. "Alright." She slowly but surely walks through and much to her surprise, she doesn't become a ghost. "I'm not, changing back. " Her confused expression quickly turns to a happy smile as she touches her hands and face. "I'm alive again! " She laughs and twirls around. "Thank you Nettie. " She smiles as she faces me, nearly in tears. "Anything for a friend, now go explore. " She chuckles, turns and takes off and turns to wave then continues on. I stood there, watching her silhouette disappear. I stood there for a while, not caring about the people and creatures passing by me. Then finally I come to my senses and turn, heading to the tavern.

I miracle my bag with my stuff into my hands and I throw it on as I enter the tavern. It was very lively tonight, people were singing and dancing. Drunk men and women were laughing at jokes and stories they told. I enter and some of the attention turned to me. Three people walked up to me before I could sit. It was two men and a woman, all different heights and looked so different. They were humanoid demons, each of different nationalities and creatures. "Hello queen Nettie, we are here for our reward for killing that bastard. " I smile as I look at them. "What is it you wish for as your reward, I also would love to hear the details of your slain. " The woman smirks. "We were thinking of money, some for plenty. " I smirk. "Any specific sum? " She shrugs. "Whatever you think is fitting. " I smirk. "After hearing the details, I shall reward you. " She nods in agreement. We all sit at a nearby table  and she sits next to me. "Everyone was fighting to get to him but we got everyone else out of the way. We dragged him stabbed his chest, not to immediately kill him but to make him scream. We dragged him out back and made his death very painful. " I lean in, wanting more. "We skinned him, tortured him and finally after we were finished, cut off his head. " I raise a brow. "Have the head by any chance? " She nods. "Right over there. " She nudged her chin into a direction to the side, there Barry's face was mounted on a board for display. Underneath read a sign saying anyone who disrespects the queen and her loved ones shall receive the same fate. I smiled. I turned back to her and pulled out fifty thousand coins, handing them to her. "I like your work, I should have you be my Royal torturers or even executioners. " She laughs. "Maybe, but that's up to you my queen. " I nod. I turn and stand up, walking over to the tavern tender. "Gimmie a glass of Rum and whatever these bitches want. " I laugh and motion towards the three at the table and they smile and jump up. "I sure do like you my queen. " The woman says as I'm slid my glass.