Dark Kingdom

I sat there, on a balcony in my room. The dark kingdom was so evil looking at night. The sunset didn't change much but make it darker. I could hear noises now, noises from all sorts of things. I honestly think there were demons out. I was alone at the moment, I managed to slip away from all the commotion in the castle. It was pretty peaceful, if only the noises didn't freak me out every so often. There was a breeze, it was gentle and calming. Compared to everything else, this breeze calmed me the most. I don't personally enjoy my time here, already I can see it's pretty miserable. I hear the door to my room open, I turn and there came in Ekua. She gently shut the door behind her, she then noticed I was kinda staring at her. "Sorry for my intrusion of your space queen Nettie, I just wanted to talk with you. " I nod at her and walk in, shutting the balcony doors. "That's alright, I just needed to get away to calm down. " I see her nodding as I turned back around. For once, she showed emotion on her plastered face, it seemed so unnatural. "Can we sit? " She sits us down in the chairs by the fire place and she clears her throat. "What is it you wanted to talk about? " She fixes her hair then looks at me. "My husband, my kingdom everything. " I nod. "I just want to be honest with you and more emotional with you. " I gently listen to her, only replying when needed too. "I can't get any where near open with him. He just goes on and on about himself. " She looks at me in the eyes, making direct eye contact. "He's so into himself that he forgets me and everyone around him. He also acts so attached to you. " She clears her throat once more. "I wouldn't say he's attracted to you, I'd say he's more into your power. Some nights when I slip a little something to him he gets so emotional and honest. He goes on and on about you and your emense power. " Her eyes were melting, her once fixated gaze was softening. "That's not only it, he just goes on and on about himself and has drained so much from my people. " I tune in on her words, paying close attention. "My people and kingdom look the way it does because of him! He was sent to me by the empire. He was sent to marry me to keep the on going affects of the empire to last. " A single tear rolls down her cheek, it was a long and painful tear. "I just don't understand what else I can do to help. I've tried healing, I've tried witches and so on. " That's when it hit me, she was the one who really wanted me to come. She wanted me, not him. I remember the gaze he had when she said her words, they seemed so unnatural. He was sent to harm her kingdom and she could do nothing, except call me to destroy the empire. She was breaking down, her hard shell of zero emotions was crumbling, her tears came out in rivers as her hands shook.

"Ekua calm down, please. I'm going to demolish that empire even if it means I have to kill every single representative. " She looks at me, her makeup was ruined, it was running down her now human face. "But I thought you said you'd only speak with them. " I shake my head. "I've changed my mind, if every single representative is like your husband, well like you tell me he is. They don't deserve to live. " She doesn't smile or anything, she just sits there, eyes wide and mouth agape. "Well so to speak I shall rain from the heavens and Slaughter anyone who stands up to me. " She nods as I grab napkins to wipe her face. "I shall start my reign of terror by- " I get closer to her ear so only she can hear. "-killing your husband, the king of the dark kingdom. " She gently nods. "How many people in the castle here support him? " She shakes her head. "Not a soul. " I smirk. "Perfect, then I shall go ahead and kill him while we rest here. " She stares intently in my eyes, I can feel her pain and her people's suffering. I stand up, get stuff to clean her face of the ruined make up and I look back at her as I stop at the door. "Sit here, clean yourself of that makeup as I make the deal done. " She says a silent thank you as I turn back and open the door. My heart was pounding, was I going to kill a man who I barely know. I sneak to the king's chamber, where I wasn't surprised to see him sitting there at his desk, writing on a paper. "I told you not to disturb me while I'm writing! " He turns, clearly mad but jumps when he sees me. "Queen Nettie! What a surprise! " His whole personality seemed to shift as he looked at me. "Cut the shit. I know who you really are bitch. " His eyes widen, but his gaze never changed. "What ever do you mean? I have no clue what you're talking about. " I remember the board I saw that he had hidden behind drapes. He wanted us to hurry in his room, not touch anything also. I draw my bow and fire at the ropes holding the drapes. Like revealing the prize on a game show, the drapes all fell, revealing things about the empire and his job. I fire at other things, all objects he specifically said not to touch, destroying them they held objects only an empire representative could have. His once charming and friendly attitude left him like a ghost.

He looked at me with a huge twisted smirk. "You've caught me, I work for the empire. Now what? Tell my kingdom? Kill me? " I give him a smirk of my own. "No, I'm going to make you suffer as the rest of your petty empire fall at my hand. " Before he could scream for guards I fired a arrow into his mouth, which landing directly in his tongue. He gave me a muffled scream in pain, I walked up slowly and I grabbed the arrow and yanked it from his tongue, tearing it badly. "Oh dear, look at that. The only thing left to do is cut it out! " His hands were reaching to shove me but before the grabbed me I shoved two arrows in his hands, sticking them onto the chair's arms. His painful screams rung out again, but not a soul came to his aid. I grabbed the arrow that was once in his tongue and shove it back in, he screamed as I pulled his tongue gently out of his mouth so he couldn't bite me. I grabbed the knife that was on his leg and with a quick chop! His tongue fell from his mouth and I turned the end of the arrow up, his tongue was resting on the point. Tears began to flow from his eyes, they were  true tears. Blood was coming from his hands and mouth, he spat his blooded spit at me, it lands on my face and clothes but I smiled. "What a rude king! " I throw his tongue off the arrow and take it and the knife and jab it into his eyes, painful screams followed after. I did more painful torture mechanisms before I took the knife and slit his throat. Blood was practically all that was left coming from him, it flowed down and down. I threw the knife and the arrow, satisfied with my work. I turned and walked towards the door, throwing it opened. Outside were guards, they looked at me scared. "I did you all a favor, let this be an example of my Rath. " I walked out of the halls as servants screamed in horror at the sight and I walk back to my room, there Queen Ekua sat, her face clean and her attitude changed. She looked at me, she didn't gasped or scream. I stood there with the blood of her husband on my clothes and skin, she gently smiled. "Thank you. " I nod as I rush to change, getting a quick bath. I throw the blooded clothes into the fire, I turned back to her as they burned. Knocks I recognized came from the door. I opened it and it was all my friends and family. They entered, modesty grabbed me by the arms and looked me in the eyes with anger. "What he hell did you do! " I sigh. "I killed the king, what do you think? " She looked at me with horror, I glanced at the others and they showed the same horror. "If you were at the scene, you would've seen all the evidence of him working for the empire and not giving a damn about this kingdom! " I grabbed my phone and showed them pictures of the evidence and let them hear the recording of his confession. "You weren't kidding. " They all seemed to loose themselves. "What we thought as an ally was working with the damn enemy! " Modesty's hands turned to fists as she turned to punch the wall. Javon, my oldest brother looked at me. His face read the one of a scared little boy, he looked at me the same way he did when I got shocked by that tree. "Nettie, what are we going to do? " I sigh. "We still have the queen, she's on our side. She's the one who told me about the king. Together we'll get the words and evidence out. " I turn to Ekua and she nods. "I wanted my people to be free, but now if the word of my husband's killing gets to the empire, only war could rage after. " I laugh. "Let their armies run towards us, you have the forest kingdom's strongest people right in front of you! With us, that dammed empire doesn't stand a chance. "