Time Well Spent

I woke up in my bed, yesterday wasn't that eventful. My hair was all tangled, I rub my eyes. I look to my side and Modesty was there. "She stayed again I see. " I smile, gently pushing a hair of hers off her face, moving it to the side. I couldn't help but be so thankful to have her. I grab my phone to check the time, I nearly jumped when I read 1:00 AM. "It's not even near time to get up yet. " I whispered to myself, it seemed to echo in the silent room. I turn, my feet dangaling off the side of my bed. I get the courage to stand up, flattening down my night wear. I walk over to my desk, grab a paper and pen and begin to write.

Dear Charlie,

I got your letter, I hope that we can meet at some point. Everyone, me, modesty, you, Morris and Jovan. Along with some troops, I would love to check this lost kingdom out. Come find me where ever I might be and come right away, we just discuss a meeting date. After that we could head off.

                           -your friend,
                                  Nettie Goodwin.

I finish my letter, put it in an envelope, place my seal and use magic to send it to him quickly. Then I stand up and walk to my window. I carefully and quietly open the window. I write another letter but addressed to Morris. Morris doesn't live to far from a palace, so firing an arrow with a letter won't be hard. I tie the letter to an arrow I conjured, then I pull out my bow. I whisper the arrow's destination, aim then fire. It flies far, it's golden light fading as it flies farther and farther from my sight. I then close the window back up, make my bow vanish and turn back to the bed. "She's still asleep. " I giggle a little when I look back at her, modesty. Modesty was and is the love of my life, I've never seen someone as beautiful and sweet, honest, talented as her. She's the love of my life, she makes me smile, laugh and enjoy being queen. I'm just hoping she'll accept my proposal someday. I climb down from the window seat and walk towards my vanity. There I sit down and grab a brush, brushing my hair out. I watch as my fire red hair thins out as I brush. I loved my hair now, now that it makes me look more queen like. I smile, I remember back when I was just thirteen and I just hated my appearance. I wasn't pretty like modesty, I wasn't beautiful as my mom. I was nothing before now. I love myself more, I feel pride in being my own being again. I was so prideful when I was just a little girl. Now here I am, at seventeen a queen. All of the ride little girls in elementary would've loved to have my place, that was before they'd know being a queen without a lover to split the work is hard. I watch as I see modesty wake up, slowly but she does. She gets up and walks over, she places her hands on my shoulders. "What time is it? " I giggle at her half awake expression. I grab my phone out of my pocket and check. 2:00 AM, it's been an hour since I woke up. "It's two, you should go back to bed. " I glance up at her and she sighs. "No! You should too! " She pulls my arm and drags me to bed, I barely had enough time to set my phone down on my side table before I collapsed on top of her. She was awake now, her eyes were wide and she was smiling wide. "You look so pretty. " I blushed a little at her voice saying those words. "I'm pretty? " I smirk a little, she nods and smirks  confidently.

She pulls me into a kiss, it was sweet. After we part, I started to feel sleeper, I begin to feel my eyes become heavier. "What the? " She smiles. "Good night sweetie. " And I fall asleep. I'm woken up what felt like hours later by my maid Taylor, turns out that I overslept and Modesty had already left. I sit up, rubbing my head, it was throbbing. "Let's hurry up and get you changed and fed, you have guests coming over. " I groan as she pulls me out of bed, helping me change. She had a tray of food for me on my desk, which she organized. I stand up, she helps me into a blue and golden A-line dress, one made to fit me perfectly. I lace up my high leather boots and sit down to eat the food. Once finishes Taylor grabs the tray and we hurry down stairs, where the servants and maids and all sorts of people were getting the castle ready. "You have yet to tell me who these Guests are. " Taylor gasps and turns back to me. "They're just a king and queen. " My eyebrows raise. "Of which kingdom? Realm? " She shakes her head as we make it to the bottom of the stairs. "I cannot say your grace. " She does a curtsy and runs off, not letting me ask her anything. Then I stand there, waiting for someone to ask me if I'm needed. "Your grace! We have two letters we found for you! " I jump as another servant runs up to me, handing me two letters. I go to sit on the stairs, making sure I'm not in the way. I notice that the seals on each are the seals of Charlie and Morris. Morris's seal is golden with the imprint of an Archangel, with six spreaded wings, each of different sizes, fitting the one on the other side. The Archangel is looking to its side, making you unable of seeing the other side of its face. It had long flowy hair, it was golden like the rest of the seal. Charlie's seal was of a shape shifter, much like the other shape shifters in town but his was unique. His was of himself, it looked like him, as it was half way in transformation as his first known transformation, which was a tiger demon. That's what he was when I first met him apparently, that's what Arthur and my other strong leaders are, tiger demons. His lower half was of a tiger while his upper half was of man. Each shape shifter has their own seal that shows either themselves changing if they're wealthy or of a woman changing into a horse if they are not. Charlie's seal was a deep green color, I also forgot to mention they're smelly. Morris's smells like apples while Charlie's smells of the forest. That's another way of telling the receiver that the letter they were sent was from a wealthy person or not. First I open Charlie's it was distinct about what I had written about.