Chapter 21

JILL'S P. O. V

Today, right after sending the twins back home I get myself to be ready. I had Leah to help me with my hair and makeup because I am not that experienced on that field. It's just like before when she helped me with my makeup for a charity ball. This time, she made it a heavy makeup despite my protest and put darker shade of lipstick on my lips which complemented with the color of my skin.

I was hesitant to look myself at the mirror but then I was amazed and eventually a smile formed on my lips because of how I look. We agreed on curling the tips of my hair that made me look even more elegant. Then I slip on my favorite black formal dress but I didn't put my eyeglasses on for I don't think it'll suit the dress that I choosed. I put on my wedges and it made me look taller than my usual height.

The organization asked me to meet someone from the Thanatos organization. The Thanatos organization was the partner of Hemlock whom they kept mentioning about.  They are the once who helped us during our mission the last time. I was informed just yesterday that they'll send me to meet that certain person because he possess useful informations about the people that we are hunting. But he demanded someone trustworthy to get it from him. Since this is the first time I'm going to meet the person behind the Thanatos Organization, I want to at least look formal in front of him or her because I'll be representing the Hemlock organization.

I can't help but feel fidgety ever since they told me that I am going to meet someone from the partner organization. I don't know how it'll turn out but I hope nothing will go wrong. I don't know why am I making it such a bug deal but I felt something unexpected will happen. Either it'll be good or bad, I don't know. Bahala na si batman.

After fixing myself, I breath in and out trying to clear my head. I bid my goodbye to the twins and thankfully they didn't insist on coming with me. I look at Leah and I look at her meaningfully.

"Alright, alright. I'll look after the twins and call you if there's a problem. You don't have to worry about anything. Just go on with your task. Trust me." she said and throw both of her hands up.

I mouthed her my thank you and turn my back. I started walking towards the door when I feel a little fella hug both of my legs preventing me from taking another step. I look down and touch Crown's head.

"Bakit baby? May problema ba?" I asked with a hint of concern.

He look up and our eyes met. Pero kaagad na kulubot ang aking noo nang mapansin ang nakukuha niyang mga mata.

"What's wrong?" I crouch and asked worriedly.

"When are you coming back? Don't be out too long please." he said in almost a whisper.

I sighed and kissed his forehead before saying ,"I'll be back if I'm done so be good. Tita Leah's watching over you at tatawag ako, okay?" hindi siya kaagad sumagot and he look hesitating for a while.

"Okay. Good bye po." I hug him one last time.

"I love you."

"Love you to, mommy."

Nang makalabas ako ng bahay ay nakaparada na ang kotse sa garahe. The same driver opened the car door for me. Ngumiti ako at nagpasalamat dito. He's chosen by uncle to drive me to the place where I was going and he told me that this person can be trusted. I trusted uncle's judgement.

Pinatakbo nito ang sasakyan and my eyes were fixed outside the window and watch Crown and Tiarah waving their hands at me. When they're no longer in sight I look back at the road. Thinking of scenarios inside my head. I can't understand what's making me so nervous. They didn't give any information of the person I'm going to meet. Whether he/she is old or young?