Chapter 22

JILL'S P.O.V

Tinitigan ko ang lalaking nakaupo sa aking harapan habang kinakausap niya ang waitress at sinasabi ang mga order. He noticed my stares and looked at me.

"You really don't want to choose?"

I shaked my head in responce and grab the glass that's filled with wine to divert my attention. I stared at it like it's the most interesting thing I've seen in my entire life. I just want this foolishness to end immediately so that I could go back to the kids after getting the folders.

Nang makaalis na ang waitress ay muli siyang tumingin sa akin. I felt uneasy under his stares.

"Why did you left without saying anything that day? Hmm?"

Tanong niya tsaka tinungga ang basong may lamang wine. He licked his lips while looking at me after putting the glass down. My throat suddenly felt dry and I have the urge to drink everything in my glass. But I successfully stopped that urge and answer him calmly.

"Uncle told me that Tiarah was sick that's I left in a hurry and I didn't bothered to tell you." I answered without batting an eye but it is totally a lie.

I feel like I am a professional liar after uttering those words without stuttering and remained an eye contact with him. I looked really calm outside but my insides are all in turmoil. Any moment now I'll have a myocardial infarction.
He didn't say another word after that and all throughout the whole moment, the atmosphere was very awkard. At least that's how I feel. I was able to breath again when the food came and the waitress placed the foods on the table. When started eating, only the noise of the spoon and fork can be heared. I didn't dare to start a conversation.

Nang matapos kaming kumain ay inaya na niya akong umalis. 'Yon na yata ang pinakamagandang salita na aking narinig sa buong buhay ko. Finally, I don't have to deal with the awkardness between us.

Nang makalabas kami sa restaurant ay saka ko lang namalayan na madilim na pala ang paligid. He opened the car door for me like a typical gentlemen. Umikot siya at pumasok rin sa loob ng sasakyan. But before he started the engine, he looked at me and said, "I'll come over your place maybe tomorrow or the next day after tomorrow to visit the twins."

I was taken aback and without thinking, I answered him hurriedly. "The twins will be going out with their ninang and ninong for three days!" I blurted out.

I immediately regretted it after saying those words and want to smack my mouth. He have this dark expression and menacing stares that sent chills all over my body. He leaned towards and still have his dark gaze. I unconsciously grasped tightly on the seatbelt that's wrapped around me.

I closed my eyes when we are only a few inches apart because of fear. I can't stand looking at his eyes that felt like he would swallow me whole. But a gasp escaped from my mouth when his lips landed on my neck. It was cold against my skin. He opened his mouth then his teeth meet my skin. He bit me gently and we stayed in that position for a few minutes.

"You are the worst liar that I've ever met. But...a delicious one. A delicious liar." then he licked the part of my neck where his mark rested.

Lumayo siya sa akin at pinaandar ang kotse. Hindi ko namalayan ay nakarating na pala kami sa bahay. I was flushed and my head was hazy that's why I didn't notice what's happening. Muli siyang lumapit sa akin at tinanggal sa pagkakakabit ang aking seatbelt. Akala ko ay lalayo na siya but he bit me again. This time, kinagat niya ako sa tenga.

"Go. Because I can still restrain myself. Or else I might really eat you whole." pagkasabi niya nun ay dali-dali akong bumaba sa kotse.

Nang makapasok na ako sa bahay ay para akong tuod na nakatayo sa gitna ng living room. When the twins saw me, they happily run to me.