Chapter Two; "Blue, yellow and the slight presence of red."

After the ceremony, Kara decided that she should grab a bite

After the ceremony, Kara decided that she should grab a bite. She breathed deeply and thought about the whole ceremony, while she waited for her food, she took out her journal and wrote ideas that will, later on, be put together into an article for her blog.

Writing and enjoying the warm touch of the sun she noticed the moment someone stood in her light.

"Can I help you with something?" she mumbled, only after finishing the sentence, she raised her eyes from the pages and met a pair of grey eyes.

"I don't know. Can you?" he asked in a tone that she could only assimilate as looking for a one-night-stand, full of pride, but still in a joking manner. She moved her tongue over the lips and looked at the former prince.

"Weren't you supposed to bow or something?" he asked jokingly while he seated himself in the chair in front of her.

"Are we in the Middle Ages? Even earth moved on from those..." she remarked, while she took her glass of juice, intending to take a sip out of it, placed in the proximity of his hand. Not wanting to, she noticed the ring on his right hand's finger, similar to her grandfather's, but instead of the S inside of the contour of a 2D diamond, there was an L with a comet inside. She guessed that the L stood for Lar, his father and his predecessors, whose names started also in L.

"I don't know... they still do it and you might get hate for it... Princess." The nickname made her suddenly shoot her eyes from her papers and look at him strangely.

"What?"

"It took me a while... you know... your skirt is too blue for you to be a Daxamite and the combination of the colours... blue, yellow and the slight presence of red, the Els. You, people, really love your traditions, don't you? " he continued in his joking manner, put his other hand on the table and started to play with his fingers.

"What do you want?" The daxamite language slipped off her lips with ease.

"What would a young king want from a Kryptonian? Hmm... I don't know... a real motive for why you are here? I'm supposed to go back to Kandor in seven days to discuss what is to be done about the resources, the trade... you know... all that can help your dying planet." he wetted his lips with his tongue and eyed her longly.

A young man appeared out of nowhere, placed a drink before him and bowed at his king, then he turned to her, silently asking her if she wanted something to drink too. Slave. Kara's head screamed. Not interested in being someone that caused the child more harm, the noblewoman shook her head. The child moved to another table, asking the peers whether or not they wanted something else.

"What you need to know is that I'm not interested in getting between you and my planet's high council. I'm just here to see the coronation of the next king of Daxam, that's all," she stated firmly. The former prince looked at her intrigued. He knew something was off. Of course, a Kryptonian would not tell their real intentions to a Daxamite, they kept their secrets to themselves.