Chapter Three: "Treasure at the end of a rainbow"

Marriage arrangement documents

compiled by the High Council of Krypton and Daxam, in the presence of King Lar and Queen Rhea

for

House of El of Krypton & the Royal House of Gand of Daxam

She froze. Reading the words over and over again made the situation much worse. She could feel the worry with which her mother was looking at her, but she didn't have the courage to look up from the paper. She was scared of what that paper truly meant. With shaking hands, she found the courage to turn the page.

At its second writing.

Those four words on the white paper made her even more scared and confused. Hundreds of questions were running around in her head. She was trembling. A part of her knew what the paper meant for her family, but looking up at her parents, her mind created a reply that would probably make her feel calmer.

"You know that Kal is still too young to marry, right?" the tone in her voice could give it all away: she was not only scared but also terrified. Her parents, noticing her half-joking tone, left a short laugh through their lips.

Kara turned the page and she came face to face with a note:

This contract has been updated to meet the needs of the Peace Treaty between Daxam and Krypton.

As its first writing, the contract is to support the connection that is to be created between the planets, Daxam and Krypton.

She bit her lower lip and reread the note at least three times. 'As its first writing' was the sentence that was running through Kara's head at the speed of light. She lifted a hand from the pile of papers and massaged her scalp still wetting and biting her lips. What was the real meaning of it all?

She could feel her parents' eyes on her. She wanted to have a comeback, but she was frozen.

"What?... What do you mean by 'At its second writing.'?" She could feel her own voice shaking, her whole world on the verge of collapsing. She took a deep breath and tried to calm herself down.

The soothing voice of her mother broke the silence. "I need you to read it all first and then we will answer any questions you have." Kara bit her lower lip again and wetted her lips, feeling anxious.

She gave her parents one last look and with trembling hands, she flipped the page and started reading. The room fell into silence again, nobody daring to say another thing.

Section 1: INTRODUCTION

The contract is to be applied only to the male heir of The Royal Gand Family of Daxam, Mon-El Gand, and the female heir of the House of El of Krypton, Kara Zor-El.