Chapter Four: " A starless night sky"

Kara gulped and moved her eyes from the city to her parents.

"So... Where- Do you have a pen?" her words only brought confusion on her parents' faces. "Or am I supposed to sign with the King too?" sitting back down at the table, she started to go through the papers in front of her while she bit her lower lip. She knew that the bottom half was the peace treaty but she had no interest in reading that then.

"No need. All the copies will be signed at the next council meeting with the King, which is in seven days." her father answered, the statement bringing no piece of news. Kara was aware that there would be another round of negotiations coming up because she was told that back on Daxam by the Daxamite king himself. She gulped once more and then rose back on her feet.

"I assume that we're finished for now, aren't we?" She only got nods in return. She picked her bag, put it back on her shoulder and went to the door. With a hand on the handle she turned to her parents: "Dinner is served in one hour, right?" Again she got only nods in return, as well as a low 'mhm' from her mother.

Kara left the room and walked to the stairs, going towards her room in a hurry. When she finally reached the familiarity of her chambers, she threw her bag on the bed and started to undress while walking towards her walk-in-closet.

Only in her undergarments, the blonde was searching angrily through the hanging and folded clothes for her training suit. She was biting her lower lip hard and her eyes were full of tears. When she finally found the piece of clothing she was looking for, she put it on and the sneakers followed in the same haste rhythm.

Next stop of her ride was her vanity. She took off all her rings, threw them on the table with no worry of them breaking and snatched some hair bands. She tied her hair up and the remaining were placed on her hand, in case the one from her hair broke.

The woman turned so she could face the whole room from her place in front of the vanity. She saw the bed. A curse left her lips and then stormed off out the door, the door closing after her loudly.

She was once more running through the halls of her house, but now she was heading for the gym in the need to punch things out of anger on both herself and her stupidly, already planned destiny. Entering the gym, she saw her best friend, Alex, and she stopped to look at her longly.

The brunette didn't acknowledge her presence because of the EarPods in her ears and the intense fight she was having with the punching bag. But Kara just stood in the entrance and continued to look at her, or maybe through her.

She looked at her friend and saw none of the worries she had. She hadn't just found out that she was to be the Queen of a whole planet, that her people had been at war for decades. She didn't have to break up with her partner of two years so she could just jump to being engaged to another. She didn't have that much weight on her shoulders suddenly, out of nowhere.

Kara was so lost in her thoughts, that she didn't acknowledge the fact that her friend stopped what she was doing and looked at her worryingly. "Kara, you all right?" Her calm voice filled the air, but the peer didn't snap out of her trance. Only when she had the other woman in front of her face, with her hands on her arms, slowly shaking her, did Kara come back.

"Yeah, yeah. Alex! Hi!"

"Are you all right?" Kara had no idea what to tell her. She was so lost in her own head and had no idea where her thoughts ended and reality began. She was lost.

"I need to punch something." was the only thing that could pass through her lips. The only thing that had no real effect on her mental status. The blonde moved towards a table with the thought of wrapping her hands to get ready to punch something, even someone if she got the chance.