9

Seconds turned into minutes. Minutes turned into hours. Hours turned into days.

For days you anxiously awaited the arrival of Saturday.

Despite the tension and history you and Jennie shared, there was no dismissing the joy you felt when thinking of her. It was impossible.

Was it possible that...

"Good morning, y/n!"

Jennie sat on the green, grassy hill surrounded by beautiful blue primroses. It was like a scene torn out of the pages of a romance novel.

"Good morning, Ms. Kim."

"Jennie."

"Good morning, Jennie."

"Come have a seat," she said, patting the grass beside her.

"Why did you want to meet here instead of the courtyard," you quizzed, sitting down.

"The scenery. A good scenery can always give way to a better and more open imagination."

"So, what am I doing today?"

"Today I want to first go over the assignment I gave you last week."

Handing her your notebook, you patiently waited as her eyes scanned the paper.

You noticed how she bit her pen as she focused, making you laugh. It was one of her old habits.

"What," she asked.

"Huh?"

"You laughed."

"No, I didn't.

"You did! Were you laughing at me?"

"No, someone over there was just doing something stupid."

"Y/n, there's no one over th-"

"How's my work," you said, cutting her off.

"It's good! I'm just confused about this last one."

"Why?"

"What did you mean? It says, "Eyes-Distant, but present. Confused, but fully aware. Unshed tears so eagerly waiting for gravity to do its job. Deep pools of dark, golden honey that are forever gone." Can you explain it? Are you talking about an actual person's eyes?"

"I was talking about a specific person. I don't really understand what I wrote down. I just kind of wrote it without thinking."

"Whose eyes?"

The hopeful look in her eyes was as clear as day. She wanted it to be her, and it was.

"I don't remember specifically who it was, but I know that is was a specific person."

"Are you ready for your next assignment," she said, trying to change the subject.

"I am, yes."

"I want to try a new exercise with you today. I want you to close your eyes. While you do that, I will put random things in your hands, and I want you to tell me what you feel. Tell me about the small details by way of touch."

"Okay."

"The thing is that I don't want you to tell me or try to guess what the object is. Just tell me what you feel. Ready?"

"Yes," you said, closing your eyes.

"Here you go," she said, placing the first object in your hands.

"It feels hard and small. Is it a pen?"

"No guessing, y/n!"

"...but is it a pen?"

"Yes, it is a pen," she said, sighing.

Taking the object from your hand, she placed another object in your hand.

"Now, describe that one."

"It feels soft. Like a delicate type of soft. It's light and small."

"Now, what do you think it is?"

"You told me no guessing."

"I want you to guess this time."

"Grass?"

"Okay."

"Did I get it right?"

"No, you got it wrong."

"What is it?"

"I'm not telling you."

"You know I can just open my eyes, right?"

"This exercise is a way to let your imagination run by a sense of touch and feel. If I tell you what it is, every time I ask you to describe the object you're holding, you would say the same thing every time. I want your brain to pick up on more small details about one object. Not just the same things."

"So...it's not grass?"

Laughing, she took the object out of your hands.

"Can I open my eyes now?"

"I have one more object for you. You're going to know what it is, but I want to test something out on you."

"Test what out?"

"I'll tell you after. Here you go."

As soon as Jennie placed the 'object' in your hand, you knew exactly what it was. It was her own hand.

"Give me details, y/n."

"It's...soft and warm. Delicate and earthy, but nervous..."

"You can open your eyes now," she said, moving her hand.

"What else did you have planned for today?"

"That's really all I had."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Go ahead."

"That man in the hallway the other day. Who was he?"

"You didn't recognize him?"

"I figured I knew him, but I couldn't quite put together who he was."

"It was Kai."

"My old friend that you cheated on me with? That Kai?"

The shock of the situation was written all over your face.

"He's a math teacher at the school."

Avoiding Jennie's gaze, you began to gather your belongings.

"Well, it that's the end of my assignment, I will be heading home."

Scrambling to your feet, you started away from the woman still sitting in the grass.

"Y/n, come back!"

"Have a good day, Ms. Kim. I'll see you in class next week."