Epilogue

After Jennie left you were heartbroken, but eventually you were able to stand on stable feet.

With Jennie by your side in the beginning, you were able to get your degree.

Life in the next 10 years after school was amazing. After everything you had been through in life, everything was finally going your way. Life was good again.

"Hi, buddy!"

"Hi auntie/uncle!"

The little boy excitedly ran into your arms, giving you a bear hug.

"I didn't expect to see you guys walking today."

"Me either," Lisa said, breathing heavily. "This little boy saw you leaving the house and decided that he wanted to go out for a walk too. We're headed home though."

"Me too. I'll walk with you."

"That's out of your way isn't it?"

"Lisa, I live right beside you."

"Oh right. I forgot."

"You've been living there for 7 years. How did you-"

"Did you see the new neighbors?"

"No, I haven't. I thought it was just one person moving in."

"I'm not sure. Look there they are."

"I can't see."

"They just went inside. Maybe it's a girl. You can finally quit going to bars and bringing raunchy girls home."

"That was 2 times!"

"Two too many if you ask me."

"Good thing I didn't then, huh?"

"Whatever."

"You want to come over for a minute?"

"Sure."

You ran up to Lisa's house before lightly knocking on the door.

"What's up, y/n?"

"Nothing much, Chaeyoung. How are you?"

"Good! I was just stopping by to tell you that I'm stealing your wife for a while and to drop this man off. Looks like he's asleep already."

"Okay," she said, taking her son. "Come over for dinner tonight!"

"Will do!"

"I'll see you later, babe," Lisa shouted.

"You guys are good together."

"I sure hope so. We've been together for 11 years now."

"It's really been that long already?"

"Surprises me sometimes too."

You shook your head before entering your three-story home.

"What?"

"I just can't believe that you are married with 2 boys."

"You will get there one day too."

"I'm sure that will happen. I'm just not sure when..."

Ding Dong

"Who's that?"

"I don't know. I wasn't expecting anyone today."

Lisa looked out of the peephole on the door before turning back to you with her eyes as wide as a dear's caught in headlights.

"Who is it?"

"Y/n, just open the door."

You eyed Lisa curiously before opening the large wooden door.

"Hel-"

"Hi, I'm your neighb-"

The woman looked up at you in utter shock.

"Y/n?"

"Jennie? What are you..."

"I'm your new neighbor I gue-"

Without thinking you flew towards Jennie, wrapping your arms around her waist only stopping for a second before crashing your lips into hers.

She hesitated before wrapping her arms around your neck and moving her lips against your own.

"I...I um...just going to go...going to head home," Lisa said, slipping past you two.

You broke the kiss searching Jennie's eyes.

"How?"

"How what?"

"How are you here? How did you get here?"

"Where do you want me to start..."

----------

You sat down beside Jennie in your living room.

"So...from the time that you left I guess."

"Did you get the note?"

"I did."

"Well, just a few days after I was packed, Kai took me out of the state. He said that I would never get to go back to see you again. For the past 10 years, I was living with him. He hurt me every day for leaving him. Eventually, I built up enough strength to be able to file charges against him. He went to jail. A few months after, I decided that I needed to get out of that house that we shared. I decided to move here, and conveniently right next to your new home I guess. Are you angry with me?"

"Not at all. After all of these years, I have realized that you only left to protect me. I did wish you would have at least talked to me about it, but I do understand why you didn't."

"I truly am sorry for the trouble I brought into your life."

"I could handle it."

"I have to ask..."

"About where we stand now?"

"Yeah."

"Personally, I know that I have never stopped loving you. If you are willing, is it completely crazy if we try again?"

"I think that I would love to try again with you."

"No crazy ex to deal with this time."

"No crazy exes," she said, taking hold of your hand.

"I love you."

"I love you too, y/n."

"Forever and always?"

"Forever and always."

-----------
A/n: Was the ending bad? Yes. Was it bad because it was rushed? Yes. Do I like the last few chapters of this? Not really. Am I glad to finally have written the last chapter of this story? Absolutely😎. As always, thank you all for reading another crap story( I really don't know how you all read my stories👀💀). The plan for the next story is to finish the last few chapters I have to write and then to publish a chapter every day. Updates on my other unfinished stories should be coming soon. Love you guys💜💜💜